Silver Member

Attachments

• 79A54D3C-82FF-4E59-90DA-0050D1A2732D.jpeg
    79A54D3C-82FF-4E59-90DA-0050D1A2732D.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,124

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Appears to be a viable company, reasonably priced...
https://www.proficientbilliards.com/store/

Am I missing something? What does Proficient have to do with Brent Summers.

why do people shell out so much for these things ??!!!

ummmm… because they / we can? lol

:rolleyes:

Agreed, if I could afford it I would own WAY to many cues and spend WAY to much money on them simply because I enjoy looking at them and appreciate the artistry and craftsmanship each one takes.

Guitars, I would own a LOT of guitars also - and I don't even play guitar!

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I don't know how things work around here in all circumstances, but allowing a thread with an inflammatory first post and then "I'll get back to everyone with the facts" seems pretty unreasonable, and reflects even more poorly on the person starting the thread. Not real impressed at this point, and will now be taking in any of the "details" with more than a few grains of salt.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I guess I don't know how things work around here in all circumstances, but allowing a thread with an inflammatory first post and then "I'll get back to everyone with the facts" seems pretty unreasonable, and reflects even more poorly on the person starting the thread. Not real impressed at this point, and will now be taking in any of the "details" with more than a few grains of salt.

Y4YFthE.gif

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gentlemen........please refrain from the ineptful humor since this is a genuinely important and serious issue.
Brent Summers is entitled to be judged fairly but if he decides to not participate, he deserves all the crap.
Accepting a cue order is a contract. This isn't a walk in the store, browse the display case & take a cue home.
And $2800 for a custom cue is serious money and the customer is entitled to the cue he ordered and still awaits.

All too often a cue-maker and his customer reside in different states that can also be very far apart. But when
different states are involved, any criminal prosecution of the cue-maker becomes much more complicated.
But what about the customer that waits and waits to get his cue and finally years later ,this cue finally shows up.
And much to the customer's dismay, the cue has flaws and is basically a botched job but the cue-maker is
basically unresponsive and refuses to refund the money. Shouldn't future customers via the Forum be alerted?

The Forum is the only location where problem cue-makers are identified and sometimes the issue gets resolved.
Brethen Azers offer suggestions....and sarcasm......but people soon find out if the issue is legitimate and that's good.
Being forewarned is almost as good as being forearmed. It's usually better to avoid a problem than confronting one.

Thank you for bringing this matter to the Forum and I do hope that this gets resolved to your ultimate satisfaction.
The cue-makers I have dealt with have been wonderful people & Bob Owen has truly been just the best of the best.
If you can get your money back, head straight to Bob and you will never be disappointed with the cue that he builds.

Matt B.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They sell the Brent Summers cues. https://www.facebook.com/pg/Brent-Summers-Custom-Cues-990197271048721/ads/?ref=page_internal is his fb page, not much action or current...
I guess it's a bit disturbing, to me, that someone would post a link to a reputable site that sells cues and (I'm assuming) has no direct affiliation with Brent Summers?

Hmm. I'm not seeing any Proficient billiards sales of BS cues.

The Facebook page of BS looks cool, about a dozen photos of 3 cues.....

Yep, but the link provided did not point that/this:

https://www.proficientbilliards.com/cuerepair/index.php?/category/637

Adn

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
The smokinjoe user was the one who added proficient billiards who do top notch refinishes.

He should remove that, heck the whole thread should be removed until A, B, C, are all outlined.

Get your information together FIRST, then post what you want, not ruin a mans reputation (possibly someone who might have just been wanting to buy a stick) and then say you'll get back to us on that.