Who will be ready to play the same game with Shane now?

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Shortbus, I missed that analysis. Do you have a link by chance? I’d like to read it.

I also agree Shane’s break is way better because he hits the 1 ball way more consistently rack after rack. He’s not rigging the rack.

No, just remember reading that Mike explicitly stated that there was not a measurable difference Shane's performance with a neutral racker.

Shane's haters must be missing the part of how consistently he pops the cue ball in the air, landing PAST the sides, dead middle of the table... And his opponents... Don't. There's no f***ing secret to that other than hitting them firm, and dead square. Which automatically results in balls made. People doubting Shane's 10 ball break, and insinuating he is rigging the rack somehow, pretty much don't play well enough to even be able to judge the man's strengths.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't get to see either of those matches.

It's funny how some matches take hours and hours or even days to play then, the same two players play the same type set later on in a very short time.

It happens. More often than most think. Especially in gambling sessions, where the cheese is up for grabs on "that" set and not "x" sets later even if you get put on losers side.

Gambling is a whole nother mind set for most. I guess it was why some really great players preferred private matches back in the day...or at least that was one of the reasons.

Jeff

In such a looong race match like it was a race to 120 and even to 100 I guess there is no way the streamer will get a lot of viewers from the different time zone. Somebody like me who is crazy enough about pool to watch a great battle with players like SVB but being from Europe...well it means no sleep 3 nights in a row. I would not like to have a risk and discover myself to be single:D. How crazy the one should be to go through such a marathon. I understand the organizers of such the action matches don't bother much about such "little things"...
When it comes to me I would be glad to watch SVB playing against such opponents in that order:
- Chang J.L.
- Wu C.C.
- J.Filler
- R.Chinahov.
BTW during the last Kremlin cup before the dream challenge there was a training camp Johan held with team USA and team Russia players divided in pairs (american + russian in each). Well SVB practiced in pair with Ruslan and both of them were the best in some most difficult drills Johan offered. He was just amazed how come they were able to finish those in their first attempt...
In addition there was ABN challenge 10-ball race to 30 match back in 2015 if I remember correctly. The same year Ruslan won Kremlin cup. Ruslan won in that challenge match 30-22. I'm aware of what Ruslan is capable and would be glad to see him playing vs SVB in action one more time. I like his fundamentals much more than DO. So as he is fairly close when it comes to height to me he's one of my favorite players to watch (so smooth and fluid). When it comes to the cueing only Ronny O'Sullivan I like even better;)

i would include kaci in that list, and lil ko

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would include kaci in that list, and lil ko

Yes, I'd be pleased to watch Ko Ping Chung vs SVB as often as possible too. So he's on my list too;).
His comeback vs SVB in US-Open 9-ball 2018 was something I'll never forget and I like to watch him playing too. K.Kaci... definitely really talented player with solid fundamentals but when it comes to his rhythm and his experience how to use it to get a desirable result...well I don't see myself being able to watch it in some long race action...and believe me I'm really patient enough but it is very likely to be beyond my level of patience:smash:
But...he is fairly young yet and has so many years ahead so I believe his rhythm may change for more watchable. At least here in Europe he has to be comfortable playing under shot'clock. We'll see how he's going to perform in Mosconi cup in a couple of weeks;)

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think the format that Shane and Siming Chen played with was very effective. I think they were races to 21 best of 7 sets.
Or maybe it was 15 (it’s sunday and I’m feeling lazy to look it up :grin-square:)

Great format though.

SVB vs, Chen was races to 11, 9-Ball, winner breaks, rack your own, Accu-Rack, 9-ball on the foot spot. Their successful break rate was 71%.

I, too, like the best of x races to y, where y could be almost anything up to 21.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I'd be pleased to watch Ko Ping Chung vs SVB as often as possible too. So he's on my list too;).
His comeback vs SVB in US-Open 9-ball 2018 was something I'll never forget and I like to watch him playing too. K.Kaci... definitely really talented player with solid fundamentals but when it comes to his rhythm and his experience how to use it to get a desirable result...well I don't see myself being able to watch it in some long race action...and believe me I'm really patient enough but it is very likely to be beyond my level of patience:smash:
But...he is fairly young yet and has so many years ahead so I believe his rhythm may change for more watchable. At least here in Europe he has to be comfortable playing under shot'clock. We'll see how he's going to perform in Mosconi cup in a couple of weeks;)

i agree. i didn't say i liked watching him, only that he is one of the few who could derail the shane train.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Filler will play if someone sets it up. Kid has a lot of gamble.

However I would like to see best of 3, race to 25.

And please, legit money, 10-20K each side.

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you would be willing to bet that Shane makes a ball on the break (without fouling) 89% of the time, or more, with a neutral racker?
Shane's 10 ball break, and insinuating he is rigging the rack somehow, pretty much don't play well enough to even be able to judge the man's strengths.
Sounds like that's a "No Bet" from you, Russ.

Make a line for number of dry breaks and have Shane break the balls 100 times with a neutral racker.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In such a looong race match like it was a race to 120 and even to 100 I guess there is no way the streamer will get a lot of viewers from the different time zone. Somebody like me who is crazy enough about pool to watch a great battle with players like SVB but being from Europe...well it means no sleep 3 nights in a row. I would not like to have a risk and discover myself to be single:D. How crazy the one should be to go through such a marathon. I understand the organizers of such the action matches don't bother much about such "little things"...
When it comes to me I would be glad to watch SVB playing against such opponents in that order:
- Chang J.L.
- Wu C.C.
- J.Filler
- R.Chinahov.
BTW during the last Kremlin cup before the dream challenge there was a training camp Johan held with team USA and team Russia players divided in pairs (american + russian in each). Well SVB practiced in pair with Ruslan and both of them were the best in some most difficult drills Johan offered. He was just amazed how come they were able to finish those in their first attempt...
In addition there was ABN challenge 10-ball race to 30 match back in 2015 if I remember correctly. The same year Ruslan won Kremlin cup. Ruslan won in that challenge match 30-22. I'm aware of what Ruslan is capable and would be glad to see him playing vs SVB in action one more time. I like his fundamentals much more than DO. So as he is fairly close when it comes to height to me he's one of my favorite players to watch (so smooth and fluid). When it comes to the cueing only Ronny O'Sullivan I like even better;)
I believe they changed the breaking rules in that match I think to breaking outside the box

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'd like to see Filler, Wu, both Ko's, and Change against Shane. I don't think anyone else has a chance. No Filipino today can beat Shane. Busty was the last one who did 10 years ago. No European can beat him, Shane bbq'd Shaw. The only European that is an unknown is Filler. From mainland China, only Wu is an unknown. That leave the Taiwanese (which Wu is originally...).

I'm sorry, did I miss something. Did Busty beat Shane in a race to a 100 that I missed?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Busty beat Shane for 5k. I think the race was to 20 something. It was at DCC, the same year Shane beat Efren for something rumored like 50k. Both matches were live-streamed by TAR. Probably 10 years ago now.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Take away the rule "rack your own / no checking of the racks" and you will see that Shane may refuse to get in the box with many of the elite players.

How much would Shane's "Successful breaks" percentage go down if he was not racking for himself? :eek:
You couldn't be more wrong, its ALWAYS Shane giving into what ever his opponent wants just to get the match going. Shane gave in to Archer, 2 out of e races to 25 and lost, but when the match was over the score was 57-57....in a race to a 100, Archer had NO CHANCE. When Shane player Busty, it was the same thing as player Archer because he had NO CHANCE in a race to a 100. When Shane played that player in Russia, he didn't even find out what the rules were until they got ready to play...and lost, but the Russian player had no chance in a race to a 100.

So, Shane is the player giving in, NOT the other way around, THATS way the don't play a race to a 100, they want at least some kind of chance to win.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm sorry, did I miss something. Did Busty beat Shane in a race to a 100 that I missed?

Perhaps he was thinking of TAR 24, January 2012. Busty won, but it was 2 out of 3 races to 25 in 10-Ball. Scores (Busty first):

Day 1 -- 25 - 24
Day 2 -- 19 - 25
Day 3 -- 25 - 17

Total -- 69 - 66

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Perhaps he was thinking of TAR 24, January 2012. Busty won, but it was 2 out of 3 races to 25 in 10-Ball. Scores (Busty first):

Day 1 -- 25 - 24
Day 2 -- 19 - 25
Day 3 -- 25 - 17

Total -- 69 - 66

Efren kept Busty company that trip.
Busty was being interviewed after the match...you could see Efren in the background.
...Busty said “I thought I played pretty good...Efren said I played like shit.”
...slight grin from Efren...:)

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
There is not enough green to give you.
Legit money is right.
No races to 180 30 games a day must bet at least 250k per side.

I think Filler will play if someone sets it up. Kid has a lot of gamble.

However I would like to see best of 3, race to 25.

And please, legit money, 10-20K each side.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Day 1 -- 25 - 24
Day 2 -- 19 - 25
Day 3 -- 25 - 17

Total -- 69 - 66

I forgot about that one. He also beat Shane as I mentioned in an after hours TAR match. I'm pretty sure the bet was 5k per man. It was the year TAR was live streaming from the DCC, and whatever happened, happened. There were no set matches scheduled. It was a few days after Shane beat Efren a 10 ball set for huge money. During the Shane Busty set, the lights went off in the room, and the "fun rumor" was that Efren flipped the switch.