Frustration with live steams...

mjdoutdoors

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love all these streamed challenge matches going on. They are great for our sport. However, I often cannot watch many, like the SVB/Orcollo match because I am often playing in tournaments when they are streamed on weekends. My frustration is it seems once they are live streamed they cannot be viewed. I would be willing to pay for a archived PPV but I never see them available. Have most been saved in recording? It seems the promoters or those that streamed the event could continue to make money on these events if they were available to view. I want to watch some of the past Money Match Promotions match-ups and others and I would pay for them. I hope some of these promoters can provide some feedback. I have sent some correspondence to some of these promoters but no response. Anyone else out there that want watch these epic match-up as well?

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is my guess from asking the same questions. They don’t know how to provide the paid downloads with DRM protection. Most paid content providers are so concerned with piracy that they miss all the revenues from customers like you and I.

Setting up a paid downloads or streaming site takes a lot of work, and some investment up front, most times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The number of people that watch these is very small. Stream providers are not going to invest in what it takes to show re-runs. POV keeps their matches available but i don't know about the others.

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are more people who will watch a recorded match, either streaming or download, than those that will watch a PPV stream. And it’s not even close.

mjdoutdoors

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, all my friends say the same. We want to watch but how many have time to sit and watch the whole thing. Many of us are playing on the weekends in tournaments. I just seems like miss opportunities for promoters. More of the folks I talk to would rather watch after when they have time sit and enjoy on their own terms.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are more people who will watch a recorded match, either streaming or download, than those that will watch a PPV stream. And it’s not even close.

So all you'll watch is free pool? Not sure what you're saying here. Most PPV's are a one-shot deal. Not that many are archived anywhere.

tenfttall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. I subscribe monthly to accu-stats on Vimeo. I have hundreds of accu-stats DVDs, I have bought almost a dozen TAR match downloads.

mjdoutdoors

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am hoping those that stream or promote these matches will view this thread and chime in an provide some input.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i agree completely, being in a seven hour time difference from USA makes watching PPV rather difficult.

So all you'll watch is free pool? Not sure what you're saying here. Most PPV's are a one-shot deal. Not that many are archived anywhere.

povpool i believe has his streamed matches archived for premium members.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i agree completely, being in a seven hour time difference from USA makes watching PPV rather difficult.

povpool i believe has his streamed matches archived for premium members.
I mentioned POV in my first response. Personally, i only watch what i consider are big time matches and i don't mind having to watch it live. I might watch 1-2 a year. Not an issue for me. I see you what you guys are saying but i don't see it changing soon.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got the disney +, espn+, and hulu bundle. How awesome would it be if there was a big truck, csi, accustats, Roy's basement, matchroom bundle?

mjdoutdoors

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the day to watch and i would love to see some of the Money Match vids, But sadly non available. Money could be made if these were up to watch.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Live steams can be very dangerous, especially if they are really hot.

Always wear gloves!