The Scottish Tascarella

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Arrived this morning, sadly I won't be able to try for a while as my back is screwed. But the Petes knocked it out of the park, it's beautiful!

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that's a beautiful cue! Love the veneer work and the inlays. Hope your back gives you the opportunity to shoot again soon.

Good shooting to you,

Kevin

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Can't get much better than that Grant... A lot of lurkers have had to clean off their keyboards after seeing this one!:wink:

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Huge cue and perfectly executed.Wood and veneers combo are teriffic:):):)
Well done:smile::cool::smile:

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Wow, one of the nicest Tasc i've seen and cool colours.
Definitely need an overall picture of the cue!
Thanks Grant.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Nice cue

Nice cue Grant

scottish.jpg

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for all the nice comments, I am delighted with the way it came out. I will get some full cue pics when I get it to the pool hall. Can you believe I wait all this time for a cue and have my first back problems in about 10 years a few days before it arrives. So frustrating!!

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
I love, love, love the veneer choices on this one! Someone else commented as "unique"...it definitely is that. Beautiful looking cue...and pictures too by the way!

I hope your back will hold up "just" enough today to get some chalk on the tips...

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love, love, love the veneer choices on this one! Someone else commented as "unique"...it definitely is that. Beautiful looking cue...and pictures too by the way!

I hope your back will hold up "just" enough today to get some chalk on the tips...

Yeah, these phone cameras are getting better and better :)

Hoping that by the weekend I can get some table time, just cannot wait to play with it.

I already told the Petes that if the hit / playability suit me, then I will be starting another project :cool:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Yeah, these phone cameras are getting better and better :)

Hoping that by the weekend I can get some table time, just cannot wait to play with it.

I already told the Petes that if the hit / playability suit me, then I will be starting another project :cool:

Me thinks "another project" will be started sooner than later..:smile:

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tonight is the night, bad back or not, going to the pool hall, probably have to play 14/1 lol...

Any tips on taking better photos than these when trying to get the full cue in??

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Tonight is the night, bad back or not, going to the pool hall, probably have to play 14/1 lol...

Any tips on taking better photos than these when trying to get the full cue in??

Lighting is everything...you don't want direct light because of the reflections highlights but in the real world that's kinda had to avoid if your taking pictures inside..Use a solid neutral background like on a pool table or a nice ottoman that fits the whole cue.. Also don't take them directly above the cue. Favor the back end a bit to show the taper.. If you can slightly elevate the butt it helps too (see pic). Get the right angle to eliminate as many reflections of light on the cue as possible...Also another good tip is to stand up the but. Bill from Cornerstone does that with all his cues.. Oh yeah, IPAD's take great pics..

Last edited: