I Changed My Own Tip For The First Time

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Busted my tip changing cherry....

Had a couple of moori's laying around with no one to install so I decided to do it myself. I'm happy with the results using only a razor blade, sand paper, last 4 ever tip tool and loctite crazy glue.

Just took my time.

I just might start playing again....or offer tipping services which will naturally go into custom cue building.:rolleyes:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Busted my tip changing cherry....

Had a couple of moori's laying around with no one to install so I decided to do it myself. I'm happy with the results using only a razor blade, sand paper, last 4 ever tip tool and loctite crazy glue.

Just took my time.

I just might start playing again....or offer tipping services which will naturally go into custom cue building.:rolleyes:

Are you Ray Martin?

I’ve done my own tips twice. Once worked out pretty well...the other time they sent me a 13mm tip and it didn’t go on right perfect so I had a little cockeyed going on for a while. It was a backup shaft so it wasn’t too bad lol...it seems so easy with the right equipment and it only cost me 20 so now I just wait for the cue guy to be at the pool hall. Most other things in life I try to do myself

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you Ray Martin?

I’ve done my own tips twice. Once worked out pretty well...the other time they sent me a 13mm tip and it didn’t go on right perfect so I had a little cockeyed going on for a while. It was a backup shaft so it wasn’t too bad lol...it seems so easy with the right equipment and it only cost me 20 so now I just wait for the cue guy to be at the pool hall. Most other things in life I try to do myself

Ghostball (no space) i believe is Ray

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I see. I read Something on here once that led me to believe he may be the cool cat.

I would’ve been surprised if Ray Martin had never put his own tip on, though it’s possible of course that he’s never touched one except to chalk it

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
DIY is fun. Saves time and money. May I suggest the Porper Mushroom Grazer tool. You’ll love it.

Last edited: