What do I do?

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Rich R. said:
Jack, my memory is not too clear about this, but, IIRC, the event in question was held at the Holiday Inn, next to the Conference Center, not at Q-Masters. Barry and Q-Master had nothing to do with it. The event was totally run by Brady.
I could be wrong. Maybe Danny can clear this up.

Blackjack said:
Rich

You are 100% correct.

Well you just proved my point. To which side of the argument do you belong?

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
branpureza said:
Well you just proved my point. To which side of the argument do you belong?

First of all, you have nothing to do with this. You're concentrating on the trivialities, Danny wants his money. Unless you can help out, stop trolling the thread.

Brady,

IMO, you have had more than enough time to make good on the promises you made two years ago. Just pay Danny and get it overwith. Don't send the money to Frank, send it to Danny.

Two years ago we trusted that you would make this right. You made me look as if I wasted my time with this by going back on your word and avoiding this situation. It's not going to go away until you meet your responsibilities. Until you realize that and finally pay the man, you are wrong in this situation.

tigerallenyim

Hate has no home here
Silver Member
Danny:
I am sorry to hear that you had not been paid. It just bites the bag period.
As the other JoeyA said, I hope it does not discourage u from returning to the event.

Brad:
I do understand ur trials and tribulations in which project turns sour. But what I do know is if u had made a claim, it is rightful for one to claim it, no matter what the loss. Those are what p/l's are for. Without those, u can never really determine/forecast the next project without true loss/true gain. Yeah sure, it will make the numbers look really bad, but at least ur given accurate information to work off of so that the next event will look more hopeful.

I can relate to the love of pool, so i am certain both parties are hurting badly of what had occurred.

m2c

Tiger

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
brady said:
Blackjack, you seem like a nice guy, we talked on the phone before but you really dont have anything to do with this either. This is between Danny and I. I know you tried to step in and mediate and I appreciate your efforts but this is between danny and I, not danny and Barry, Danny and Frank nor Danny and the world. I think I did mention "Danny you are right, i am wrong". All this talk does not need to be on the only real pool forums (NC for the plug Mike :) ). These forums should be helping the sport.

Brady

All I am saying is that you know you owe Danny this money. I may not have anything to do with this, but I remember spending a lot of hours talking with you, Danny and Frank trying to come to a solution with this. Nobody was stepping up to the plate to correct this situation, so I did. That was in April/May of 2005. I have talked about this to Frank and Charlie and Rodney. It all comes back on you, not the UPA. The other players have made personal deals with you about this, and I remember you saying that it was difficult for you to speak with Danny about this. It's not difficult to pay the guy $50 a month. If you had done that you would have been paid off a long time ago. Just pay him and get it overwith. That's all you have to do. You gave me your word 2 years ago that you would pay Danny. Live up to your word.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
brady said:
Yes.. Charlie, Young, Rodney and danny. Each year after my event I helped my dad at the open and paid entrys and gave $ to charlie, Young and rodney. I didnt see danny again. Still owe a little to those three as well but have talked to them throughout time and they are understanding.

Yes, what? Everyone was paid but those 4? If so, then you should NOT be treating Danny differently than the other 3. And you owe the money, you should have contacted Danny and explained the situation and what you would do, it's called good business or 'good faith' effort.

If you are going to make amends in some way, then do it, and do it fairly, don't treat 'one of your kids' different because they are red-headed!!!
Kapish???

Plus with the onslaught of the Internet, the rules have changed, things are public now to where they may have been local or regional before, and lovers of the sport want to see that players and promoters are treated fairly and that the sport is promoted in a quality way, like it or not.

Public opinion is shaped by what goes on in our sport, and it matters to a lot of us lifers.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Blackjack said:
First of all, you have nothing to do with this. You're concentrating on the trivialities, Danny wants his money. Unless you can help out, stop trolling the thread.

Blackjack said:
Brady

All I am saying is that you know you owe Danny this money. I may not have anything to do with this, but...

Maybe you should follow your own advise wise guy. or stop contradicting yourself one...

Surely you don't think that Danny bad-mouthing Barry and the US Open just because his son Brady, who has nothing to do with either, owes him some money is a "triviality".

If Brady owes him money, he should take it up with Brady... why even bring up Barry and the US Open when they have nothing to do with it?

Reactions: JAM

srs314

shooterville.com
Action

Danny Harriman said:
and before anyone says I might not be capable of winning the Open remember the past two champion's will not play me heads up on their own $. Of course I would not play 9 ball I would naturally play 10 ball where you may break soft if you don't like your $.

This is the only part I can't believe, Schmidt and Pagulayan turned you down for action?

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
brady said:
"Promoters treated fairly??" Please explain Snapshot.

Promoters take the brunt of so much and are more times than people are aware getting beat up in many ways. Promoting any event whether in a pool room with 12 players or US Open with 256 players takes so much time and effort.

My dad is probally the strongest person I know overcoming obstacles and hurdles to bounce back and make it happen. I have often wondered why he keeps doing it and I know now its for the love and determination to help pool.

I miss helping pool. I miss promoting the sport. I miss the people. I just wish I wouldnt have attempted what I did, when I did, but we all learn..

Lifes lessons.... I was a fool fogged by dreams, reality is what I work on now. I was young and enthusiastic, ready to make a stance in pool. I took a chance, I did it alone, I live with it. Wise man once said, "People often criticize the unknown and No one remembers the good, its the bad that people remember." Not exactly true but..
Brady-

If you want people to feel sorry for yourself & your dad, please give a financial breakdown of the income/expenses of this year's open. Don't be shy.

At least Greg from Diamond/DCC on here didn't side step when it was brought up that the DCC is a money maker.

You cry about the amount of time/energy that is put in to run an event such as the one you ran into the ground. The average person in the US must make about $35K a year. That is 2000 hours of work. Did you put forth this amount of time into your tournament?

You cry about the weather & how no one showed up. If no one showed up, then why did you still go out & get $3500 worth of bleachers???? Bleachers for what, if no one was there.

I think the reality is that you were way too short in the pocket to run an event that you tried to pull off. Just because you have the same last name as your father, doesn't mean you can accomplish the same as him.

How much is owed Danny? $1800? For 4 years? Do I have these facts straight? So, if you would have saved $1 a day you could have had him paid off by now. Now I suggest you get a part time job at McDonald's or Walmart. Work 20 hours a week (as you stated, you are a hard worker so this won't be an issue for you) and you will have Danny paid back in less than 3 months.

By the way, I am sure you will bring up what I do to promote pool. In this year's US OPEN, I have a stake in 1 1/2 players. If Danny would have agreed to play, it would have been easity 2 1/2. Since you, Brady, can't afford to pay back Danny $1800, I am sure that this amount of money that I have invested is more than yourself.

Last edited:

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
Danny,
I've read all of the replies so far in this thread. You have always come across as an honest person and while I don't know Brady Behrman or even Berry Behrman many have made accusations about them.

Sometimes in business (you're in business) affiliates, factories, suppliers, promoters or even customers do negative things that impact you in a distasteful manner. It has always been my way to deal with everyone and everything in the most efficient manner. While I try to take the high road with most everything I do, sometimes life puts a detour in your travel plans. You can choose to no longer travel down that road to that destination or you may decide to take the detour.

Some people do not keep promises. You have no control over that. I do not see where you have done any wrong by voicing your opinion in this medium, although it must be painful to the people who have caused you pain and loss of earnings. But the bottom line is that Berry has no legal obligation to pay you anything (I'm no lawyer). He can talk to his son until he's blue in the face about getting you paid. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. Brady is the one who has to live with this until he resolves the issue.

Since this note is a bit late, it will probably not do you much good. Even so it is just one man's opinion.

If you wish to play in the U.S. Open 9 Ball Championship you should play in it regardless of what went on between you and Barry and another event. If my son, makes a bad business decision, I would counsel him on doing the right thing but I would not step in and pay for his mistakes. If Brady were my son, I would not pay his debts for him. He needs to learn the lessons the hard way.

You too, need to get over trying to hold Berry responsible for Brady's mistake in judgment.

Go play in the U.S. Open 9 Ball Championship. Yes you are one of the best players in the country with lots of fan support, but you are hurting yourself, not Berry or the event. The event is bigger than any one player and it will go on regardless of who doesn't show.

Let this just be one of those many lessons that you learn in life and simply don't do business with Brady Behrman any longer. You know the old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

But don't keep depriving yourself of playing in one of the most prestigious tournaments in the world.

Best Regards,
JoeyA

I think this is very good advice. Good post, JoeyA.

While I am sorry Danny is having a difficult time with this issue, I am just not one to bring my business to the public forums like this and actually agree with branpureza in that regard. But, maybe this was a last resort?

-Melinda

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
brady said:
"Promoters treated fairly??" Please explain Snapshot.

For one, when they obtain venues for the tournament they are trying to hold? Not too be taken advantage of in relation to fees, etc..

I noticed you 'deleted' your post that was in reply to my initial question about who was paid and who wasn't. Did my reply hit a little too close to home?
and BTW, I have played for 46 years, and know a little about Pool myself.
I am friends with Gabe and Walden.

Mystick Cue Fan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
srs314 said:
This is the only part I can't believe, Schmidt and Pagulayan turned you down for action?

He said on their own money. I don't think anyone would deny a free shot if getting staked. I would play Danny Even nine ball if I was getting staked. Free shot of winning 40% or half in some cases. I think it's very believable.

Tony

srs314

shooterville.com
Not sure what that says about how good you play though, who cares who's money it is. What if I said I'm sure Danny would have trouble getting backers to play either of them even?

Why bring that up, I would say compare yourself to these players and bring this up after you have won a US Open, or in Pagulayans case a World 9-Ball Championship.

Just thought it was odd that he decided to add that, no one is doublting his tallent and the fact he belongs in the field are they?

brady

Registered
I deleted my posts as they werent relevant to the few folks up here. My biz is my own and this is why I have stayed fr away from the foums for a long time. You guys take care, I dont want pitty for anything, I explained my side of things and thats that. Have a great evening and best wishes to all.

I received a PM from a long time aquaintance and this person is correct, less I want to devulge the better. Too many opinions and I dont want to waste anyones time.

"Hi Brady,

I was at your tournament, as you know, and I saw what happened. I saw your wife crying in the Holiday Inn bathroom at the conclusion of the event. It must have been devastating for you, when you only wanted to do good for the pool community.

We all have experienced bad business ventures. Forget about this event and move on."

I love pool and love all of you for loving the game. I felt compelled to clear some names and say hello.

Enjoy the LIVE U.S.Open on www.billiardclub.net or maybe I will see you there. I am done on this thread and again wish everyone well.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
To: Brady & Danny

Melinda said:
I think this is very good advice. Good post, JoeyA.

While I am sorry Danny is having a difficult time with this issue, I am just not one to bring my business to the public forums like this and actually agree with branpureza in that regard. But, maybe this was a last resort?

-Melinda

Melinda,
When private conversations and intermediaries fail to solve problems, going public or a lawsuit are the only other things left to try.

It is embarassing to both Brady and Danny to have this story told, IMHO.

Since I am on a roll, this one is for Brady.

Brady,
I was a young man once, not unlike yourself and made mistakes that I wish I had not made. I would give anything to not have made some of those mistakes but we all make mistakes in life. The difference in who comes out looking like a real man is the one who decides to accept responsbility for the mistake. You have already done that in this medium and that is pretty sporty for a guy your age. It isn't easy to admit you're wrong at any age. Kudos to you for doing that. The second part isn't much easier:

You and Danny need to put aside the testosterone, the Internet admonishing and PM each other or private email each other or better yet, call each other on the telephone and hash this out to both of your satisfactions. Perhaps the two of you could agree on a compromise although I can't speak for either of you. It is just something to consider. You seem like you have matured a lot since this terrible piece of bad luck and I think you are owed some respect for admitting that you're wrong.

Maybe some of the other posters (and AZersplease don't email me about --well if he --- did this -- if he did that--) might consider getting off of your case too.

I think Danny is a mature young man who might be willing to listen to what you have to say. This has gone on far too long for both of you. The TWO of you need to decide what is acceptable to the both of you and try to reconcile your differences.

You both love pool - that is quite obvious. You are both hurting yourselves. Quit discussing this on this medium. Make the PM to Danny, offer the apology and offer to reconcile the financials to the BEST OF YOUR ABILITY. Danny is owed the full amount, whatever that is. You took a beating on something that went out of your control. I think Danny can understand that and might be willing to consider that as well.

Danny: I'm sure you have been in some difficult situations before and wish that someone had cut you some slack and I would be a bit surprised if you told me, no one ever cut you any slack in your life. Even if no one ever did, you know that could have made all the difference in the world at that point in time. Perhaps this is one of those times and perhaps you are on the side of fence to accept a compromise or not. It is your decision and your alone. And just in case Brady decides to PM you, it means he is taking the big step in trying to reconcile this. You then need to meet Brady half way by handling this in a mature manner. Keep the details off of the Internet and keep it private BETWEEN TWO MEN. If it does work out for the two of you, just let us know on AZ that it is all done and you both are happy with the PRIVATE RESOLUTION. You both have supporters and we want to see the both of you contributing more to our beloved sport.

For the record: I have never spoken or written and email to Danny or Brady about this subject and I don't speak for either of them and have never spoken to either on the telephone, although I did once have a brief conversation about tips with Danny many years ago at the Sport Palace in New Orleans. I don't want to discuss my position or who's right or who's wrong or to pick apart anyone's argument or to defend mine. I'm really not into arguing especially when its not my ox getting gored. I'm just on a roll right now and would like to see two young men get past this.

Best Regards,

JoeyA (will be at the U.S. Open Friday and Saturday also at Master Q's for a little "practice" with Jay Helfert). :)

D

Danny Harriman

The rest of the story

Brady eludes very rapidly to the Derby City issue where he wanted to come up and smile and shake my hand, when Brady and I got into it at the Derby City - he had allready been lying to me and my Dad for 2 and a half yrs, he told me to call if I had not received the money in 1 month. So a month goes by and I call him he apolagizes and asks me for my address - which I had allready given to him in Virginia, I was not ever rude to Brady in the beginning I would see him at an event and he would say I'm working on it. But in the next two yrs. with somehere in the vicinaty of over 15 phone calls and I was allways the one calling him he would in about half the phone calls ask me for my address again, which after the eighth or ninth time made me realize that he probably just throws my address and tele # away. He has lied to my father and I in at least 15 dififferent phone calls, and he once did offer to work out some weird barter, he proposed to make me a web site for the $1200.00 he owed me, I said no thanks and this propsal came three yrs. after the event which he stiffed me on. No Brady I don't think the World owes me anything and or that it revolves just for me, and even though it's not your Dad's fault that you owe me I never asked him to settle your debt, only a way of reconciling this situation so that I would not feel bad while trying to compete at yalls' event and boy he shot me down, this is crap that I hope no pool player ever has to go through I should not have to see his son smiling at me like he did in the last US Open. Some posters are very smart people on this forum and I am listening but before you tell Brady to get in touch with me lets remember he and his wife changed their tele # just cause of me. He has been given my address enough times to have it as wallpaper in his living room, and he is also lying about his offer to go outside he never came outside to fight, and there was nothing said after. He is worried about not making himself look bad, well welcome to the club Brady I have done stupid brainfarts also and am a natural sinner. I promise you that I have emberrased myself more than YOU could EVER imagine, but I took my lumps and have tried to overcome some of my faults. Believe me I will still give you a chance to pay me and try to make ammends. But I'm not buying this wowe is me tale of yours, after asking me for my tele # and address over 7 times one would think you would have called ME at least once in an attempt to settle this debt. I don't know much about the special favors he did for those other three players, however something did get reconciled between them cause Charlie told me that it was cleared up. Well if this is the case then why am I the outsider and why did they not offer to pay my entry in the Open (standard procedure?) I am not well connected within the Billiard industry so I guess Brady felt that this would just go away. I do not feel sorry for you as know one should feel sorry for me, I am in a better situation financially than I was. Brady will you ever do me a special favor and pay me this $?

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
brady said:
I deleted my posts as they werent relevant to the few folks up here. My biz is my own and this is why I have stayed fr away from the foums for a long time. You guys take care, I dont want pitty for anything, I explained my side of things and thats that. Have a great evening and best wishes to all.

I received a PM from a long time aquaintance and this person is correct, less I want to devulge the better. Too many opinions and I dont want to waste anyones time.

"Hi Brady,

I was at your tournament, as you know, and I saw what happened. I saw your wife crying in the Holiday Inn bathroom at the conclusion of the event. It must have been devastating for you, when you only wanted to do good for the pool community.

We all have experienced bad business ventures. Forget about this event and move on."

I love pool and love all of you for loving the game. I felt compelled to clear some names and say hello.

Enjoy the LIVE U.S.Open on www.billiardclub.net or maybe I will see you there. I am done on this thread and again wish everyone well.

By not settling your obligations, "you" actually created this post. Put it too rest...the old fashioned way, keep your word.

D

Danny Harriman

To the peanut gallery

I was referring to John Shmidt and Gabe Owen, when I mentioned the past champions that would not play me, this was not meant as an egotistical statement. John and I have a mutual respect for each other and he did once say that he did not want to play me on his own $, I thought that is one of the best compliments I have ever received from another player. John is a scholar and a gentleman in my book, it was not my intention to be so bold as to say that I am the better player - I am real good I promise but it could go either way between John and I (even though I think I bank better.) Gabe was the other player that would not play me 10-ball heads up, I forgot that Alex had one last yr, Alex is a great champ also. I guess I was just venting a little bit and on came the peanut gallery, don't worry if you want to see the game between Schmidt and myself then your welcome. Theres probably going to be plenty of action and you may bet on whomever you please, but the main idea is I have just been upset at how poor the players get treatyed by the promoters. Any way enough rambling, to sweat the Schmidt - Harriman match it will be held in Louisville and hopes to be a good one even though I could not get John to play Banks. Action Reports will be in charge and I am honored they put me in the box, John is a true champion and it will be tough but hopefully I will rise to the occasion - either way I know John and I will be a great match to sweat. SO bring your beachtowels!
Nov 8,9, and tenth (for more info go to Action Report.com)
Best reguards, Danny Harriman