EMILY DUDDY Professional

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not even close to being a pro.

Look at it this way, if she came in 36th place on average how much do you think that would pay? She would be eating out of dumpsters. Now figure she isn't anywhere close to top 100 in the world and that leaves her without a dumpster to eat out of.

She's a professional bracket filler.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
What's really cool is I discovered I'm a Professional Poker player today. Chicks love that!

Think I might try to make $20 playing cornhole this weekend so I can turn pro in that too.

And if you a pro poker player, good for you. A bunch of girls won't go on a poker site and say "he's not a pro" because I know what a pro is.

There are plenty of pro poker players barely etching out a living. Heck, some are in debt as they borrow. Quite a few top pro's struggled early on. Many millionaire baseball players use to ride buses from town to town for peanuts.

But, if you play poker for a living, then call yourself anything you want..... poker, like pool, doesn't really have a governing body or contracts or anything else. It's just a way of life.. .some might never make a living at it, some will make big bucks. Either way, they are professional poker players.

Ohhh, tell me again how minor league baseball players are not professionals... that statement alone pretty much disqualifies you in determining anyone's professional status. LOL

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The word ‘professional’ comes from the word ‘profess’....
...someone who ‘professes’ to a discipline can be considered a ‘professional’.
...so if you ask somebody what they do....and they say “I’m a pool player.”....
...you just talked to a ‘pro’.

‘Card carrying pro’ or ‘successful pro’ is another thing.

pt...is not a professional etymologist...maybe he should’ve used Google

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member

Maybe not, but deserving of a honorary degree and title of "Professor" of wordsmithing...absolutely. :thumbup:

Oh, by the way, without an official professional poolplayers association, there are no pros, none, zip.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In Golf, they distinguish themselves by saying "teaching pro" or "touring pro." Emily is a self promoter, who promotes her self as a model and a pro pool player, she is neither. I wonder what her sugar baby rating is?

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you're a weird cat.

love,

lou

We disagree.And SJM liked it, and he's pretty much right about everything, so..... What exactly do you want me to say? I stated my opinion... He stated his.

Get the f*ck off my d*ck, why don'tcha? It's getting a bit old. And you keep making yourself look more foolish. At some point you may reach a critical mass and implode under the gravity of your own self importance.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you're a weird cat.

love,

lou

What's up brother?

She's just ok....at everything. I woofed at her for a year to gamble....offered 7 out.....nothing.

Hell Jeanette Lee ducked me once.

I'm just a 50 year old guy with a day job.

All I know is you get any likeable pro out there they will get $20 a rack to $200 a set action from coast to coast in any real pool hall. And that's from B players with heart. Seen it many times.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not surprised Duddy ducked you, but Jeanette Lee ? That's pretty strong.

I'm good. Say hi to everyone at SC Billiards for me, would you?

Best,
Lou

What's up brother?

She's just ok....at everything. I woofed at her for a year to gamble....offered 7 out.....nothing.

Hell Jeanette Lee ducked me once.

I'm just a 50 year old guy with a day job.

All I know is you get any likeable pro out there they will get $20 a rack to $200 a set action from coast to coast in any real pool hall. And that's from B players with heart. Seen it many times.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Least we agree on something.

Widow still open....Friday in ER with vertigo for 10 hours....same game.

Damn kid, vertigo sucks bigtime.

Havent had it it a while, gotta be careful, could fall down anytime. Always made very slow movements when I had it.

Hope you are getting better.

Btw, we agree on a lot more than that.

Last edited:

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I'm not surprised Duddy ducked you, but Jeanette Lee ? That's pretty strong.

I'm good. Say hi to everyone at SC Billiards for me, would you?

Best,
Lou

Doesn't surprise me at all. Some might not know, but Jeanette is a notorious nut-hunter.

True story: Either 2 or 3 years ago at Derby, Jeanette is in the DCC action room trying to match up, and Strong Arm John is with her, and likes a certain game Jeanette has been offered. Jeanette tells him quietly off to the side, and I am quoting here....

"We don't have to take an even game. Everyone here wants a piece of me, and many will give up a lot of weight to say them beat me. We can wait on the game to be heavily in our favor. Be patient."

And, well.... She's right. She doesn't ever need to play anyone without the nuts, so someone bragging about Jeanette turning them down for a game, is not especially impressive. Thousands of male players out there with too much ego are perfectly willing to take the worst of it, and try to outrun the nuts, to say they beat her.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn't surprise me at all. Some might not know, but Jeanette is a notorious nut-hunter.

True story: Either 2 or 3 years ago at Derby, Jeanette is in the DCC action room trying to match up, and Strong Arm John is with her, and likes a certain game Jeanette has been offered. Jeanette tells him quietly off to the side, and I am quoting here....

"We don't have to take an even game. Everyone here wants a piece of me, and many will give up a lot of weight to say them beat me. We can wait on the game to be heavily in our favor. Be patient."

And, well.... She's right. She doesn't ever need to play anyone without the nuts, so someone bragging about Jeanette turning them down for a game, is not especially impressive. Thousands of male players out there with too much ego are perfectly willing to take the worst of it, and try to outrun the nuts, to say they beat her.

I've made bad games for a decade....
Pressure breaks pipes, but for some it makes diamonds.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, it doesn't. If it did, what is the magic number that one must make to be a pro?

SVB is the best pool player in the country, and there is some rookie that has not even made to the Major Leagues yet, riding buses in the Carolina league, and makes more money than Shane could ever dream of. But, they are both pro's, right?

I'd say were you rank has more to do with being a pro. Then we could at least argue you need to be at a certain level to considered a pro... top 30, top 50, whatever, but at least it's clear cut, with no subjective opinions. Either you are at this level or you are not. Very simple.

Question so let's say Emily is in he top 10 (as she stated on the show) of the WPBA Tour. Yet she based on her Fargorate is merely a B Player. So in the World if Pool are there any B Players in your opinion that are Pros?

Or is it that you consider women and their play level so inferior to their male counterparts that the skill expectations are that low.

She, Emily complained and compared what Shane makes compared to her (in the first few minutes of that show). She insinuates that women are unfairly paid far less. What I am seeing is that is a lie. I know men with the same and higher rates skills then Emily "Profesional Pool Player" Duffy. None of them make $15+k per year because they aren't Profesional Pool Players, they are B Players.

So as I see it, women have a higher pay scale then men for the same amount of "wirk". But as with many women (and liberal types) they prefer to not look at the truth and only the "Head Lines" (regardless of reality). Emily perhaps makes a living at pool but so does a lot of Pool instructors. And they ain't Pro Players Either.

So imo, either you (meaning anyone who wants to claim her level is pro because her "league" claims pro) feel that women should be given a special standard (fue to lack of playing skill) or you don't.

I think it's ok for her and her like to play in tournaments and make money. But I find it insulting to Real Pro Players when she and her like make false accusations. It makes our sport look like a big joke...

YoungAtHeart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question so let's say Emily is in he top 10 (as she stated on the show) of the WPBA Tour. Yet she based on her Fargorate is merely a B Player. So in the World if Pool are there any B Players in your opinion that are Pros?

Or is it that you consider women and their play level so inferior to their male counterparts that the skill expectations are that low.

She, Emily complained and compared what Shane makes compared to her (in the first few minutes of that show). She insinuates that women are unfairly paid far less. What I am seeing is that is a lie. I know men with the same and higher rates skills then Emily "Profesional Pool Player" Duffy. None of them make $15+k per year because they aren't Profesional Pool Players, they are B Players.

So as I see it, women have a higher pay scale then men for the same amount of "wirk". But as with many women (and liberal types) they prefer to not look at the truth and only the "Head Lines" (regardless of reality). Emily perhaps makes a living at pool but so does a lot of Pool instructors. And they ain't Pro Players Either.

So imo, either you (meaning anyone who wants to claim her level is pro because her "league" claims pro) feel that women should be given a special standard (fue to lack of playing skill) or you don't.

I think it's ok for her and her like to play in tournaments and make money. But I find it insulting to Real Pro Players when she and her like make false accusations. It makes our sport look like a big joke...

IMO Women actually have the potential to earn more.
They have their own tour, which obviously men cannot enter.
And then there are all the 'normal' comps. Most are 'open' events and not 'men only' events. eg US Open, International Open, Turning Stone, etc, etc, etc.
So it should be Shane moaning he doesn't have as many opportunities as Emily to earn money :smile::wink:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
IMO Women actually have the potential to earn more.
They have their own tour, which obviously men cannot enter.
And then there are all the 'normal' comps. Most are 'open' events and not 'men only' events. eg US Open, International Open, Turning Stone, etc, etc, etc.
So it should be Shane moaning he doesn't have as many opportunities as Emily to earn money :smile::wink:

Plus Siming Chen(a real pro)is like #5 or 6 on the money list. So she can take that "opportunity" crap somewhere else.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The prior 2 best WPBA females barely play anymore, Fisher and Corr.

Wouldn't know who the top American female is now???