Pool Ball Polisher

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am looking for the member who was making / selling pool ball polishing machines. They were priced between $100 and $200.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am looking for the member who was making / selling pool ball polishing machines. They were priced between $100 and $200.
I sent you some messages. Guy named David Tickle in NC makes them. 120 bux. I sent you pics and some info. HTH.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Personally if your a homeowner, I'd hand wipe that set, and never insert it into a polishing wheel. A new ball set has no porosity going on with the ball surface yet and it won't pick up table dirt as quickly. If your a room owner and need to clean Allot every day, then yes that's different (shouldn't be).

If you a home table owner, my recommendation is ''don't go there''. To wear down the outer surface of a new ball set quickly and make it more porous makes ZERO sense. One can stop that abrasive action, and hand wipe....it doesn't take much time. This is my personal view of how to treat a new ball set. I just use a clean damp cotton rag.

At one job I held for over 4 years, I hand cleaned 14 ball sets every morning 5 days a week.

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have any questions, I can be a resource. I made a super simple bucket polisher for under 50 bucks. Took maybe an hour to put together and works just as well as my local pool hall's bludworth ball cleaner.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Ģüśţāṿ;6485334 said:
If you have any questions, I can be a resource. I made a super simple bucket polisher for under 50 bucks. Took maybe an hour to put together and works just as well as my local pool hall's bludworth ball cleaner.

Sounds great....
Any pics or vids?
Description?

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's essentially a 10" Ryobi orbital car buffer, with a buffing (cleaning) pad on it. I used some 1/2" strip foam around the handle for a nice tight fit into a home depot 5 gallon bucket. Just above the surface of the buffer, I hot glued a 6" wide strip of some cheap thin carpet I had laying around. This all provides a great surface to clean the balls with. I've found that by overlapping the ends of the carpet for an inch or so, this proves a "bump" that throws the balls to a different angle each time they spin around. I clean the balls in two rounds, with 8 in the bucket at a time. I also give them a quick wipe prior to throwing them back on the table, but this step ins't really necessary. I make my own spray concoction for cleaning too, but you can easily buy products from amazon or the like.

If you PM me your email address or phone number, I can send a few pictures. :)

I could probably be persuaded to make another one for a reasonable cost, but I will say that it's not very pretty, however it certainly gets the job done.

Edit: I just noticed the youtube link for "Tickle's ball polisher". Mine is very similar to how that one's constructed.

Last edited:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
This is my first prototype, made to match the future wainscoting and overall color/decor. It is mahogany with chestnut trim, satin semi-gloss sides and a gloss top. I can reproduce it for less than a commercial polisher and in a variety of stain/color choices.

Attachments

• Ball Polisher - 01.jpg
    Ball Polisher - 01.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 609
  • Ball Polisher - 02.jpg
    Ball Polisher - 02.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 596