Look at what I get to come home to

legend2004

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted these pics in the cue gallery, but I figured I'd put this on the main forum too. At the beginning of my deployment I decided that I was going to treat myself to a brand new pool cue. Originally I looked at production cues, but then I decided to get something special made. I decided to go with Doug Patrick after talking to him and seeing some of his past work and reading reviews. He made it really easy. I told him what I was looking for and gave him the specs, and the pictures far exceed what I had envisioned in my head. The only problem is that I can only look at the pictures for the next couple of weeks. You can all be sure though that as soon as I walk through the door it's going to get screwed together. :wink:
The anticiapation is killing me, but I can count my time in Baghdad on my two hands. I'll be sure to post some pictures of it on my home table, and give a full review when I get home. Thanks Doug, I'm sure it's going to play as good as it looks. I posted a pic of the ICM so you can all see why I chose that color combo.
Iraq-campaign-medal.jpg

PC232945.jpg

PC232946.jpg

PC232947.jpg

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
Good for you buddy. Looks like a solid hitter. I will do the same thing for myself upon my return from Afcrappistan.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His lover awaits him

You deserve the best. Thanks for your service. Keep you head down for a few more days. Your cue is a thing of beauty.:duck:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
That's a beautiful cue. The only thing I'd have done different on it was a textured black leather wrap (I'm kinda partial to leather).

legend, a big "THANK YOU" to you and runout and ALL the others for your service and your sacrifices to help those such as myself enjoy our freedoms (aka the "good life"). Get home soon and enjoy that new cue!!!

Maniac

legend2004

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a beautiful cue. The only thing I'd have done different on it was a textured black leather wrap (I'm kinda partial to leather).

legend, a big "THANK YOU" to you and runout and ALL the others for your service and your sacrifices to help those such as myself enjoy our freedoms (aka the "good life"). Get home soon and enjoy that new cue!!!

Maniac

Yeah it was kind of a toss up. My current player has a leather wrap, and I really like it, but my dad has a similar cue with irish linen and I've found I like it a little better, so I decided to go with that on my new one.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thx for your courage and dedication.....

First ,I respect you for your services,, Thank You..

2nd the cue looks good,, I have recently decided to go with Doug Patrick as well,, hes just as you desribed, super helpful , talented, creative,, and laid back..

I cant wait to see how this Cue plays, I already know its going to be very appealing to most ,just off the specs Doug and I decided on alone......

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
I agree with the above poster:

1. Thank you for your sevice.
2. Nice looking cue. Enjoy.

If you ever take your cue to Iraq, here is a nice accessory to add to your bag!

PC232945-1JC.jpg

legend2004

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with the above poster:

1. Thank you for your sevice.
2. Nice looking cue. Enjoy.

If you ever take your cue to Iraq, here is a nice accessory to add to your bag!

View attachment 120872

That's a good one. I'm getting out of the army though, and I definitely would not take such a nice cue to Iraq with me, that's what the old McD is for.
:wink:

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
That's a good one. I'm getting out of the army though, and I definitely would not take such a nice cue to Iraq with me, that's what the old McD is for.
:wink:

I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it. :yes:

Happy Holidays!

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Short!!

:clapping:Thank you for your service.

It's good to be short-careful getting out of bed-that's a long drop to the floor.

Nice cue-enjoy.

Be safe.

3railkick

1967-1970

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Thank you for your service. ALL those who serve honorably deserve
more than a cue. They deserve, and have earned, our respect.

jackson

"The Sleekly Drifter"
Silver Member
Legend - she certainly is a beauty - Doug does some really beautiful detailed work and your choices were spot on!! - you take care now for those final few weeks and a safe home - and that goes for all your brothers and sisters who are currently serving - may they complete their tour safely and return home to their loved ones and something as great looking as that cue!!:wink: -

Jackson:thumbup2:

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stay safe these last couple weeks. It's great when your that short, but no mistakes now.
Happy holidays to all our military personnel. God bless you all !!

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
The medals look great and the cue is kind of cool looking too. :wink:

Stay safe and come home in one piece.

Thank you for your service!

JoeyA

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Merry Christmas. Wish you were home to enjoy it with your family.

Is there a PayPal account that we can contribute to as appreciation for your dedication?

Godspeed on a safe return home so you will be able to enjoy that cue.

legend2004

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Merry Christmas. Wish you were home to enjoy it with your family.

Is there a PayPal account that we can contribute to as appreciation for your dedication?

Godspeed on a safe return home so you will be able to enjoy that cue.

Thank you very much, but I must respectfully decline your offer. It's a very nice gesture, but saying thank you is enough, and your tax dollars already contributed to my salary. Thank you though.