Derby City Straight Pool Challenge 2019

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you talking about?

The link takes you to a 10sec vid of dude (Neils?) racking balls and then goes to a login/ join page.

Did you mean for it to be public? Is it a way for people to get to a 'buy' page?

If the latter, doesn't really present well, the way you framed it.

I don't think we'd mind a lead in like, ' I got this on my channel for subscribers'...

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting this!

The run is on YouTube now thanks to Inside Pool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r87XBx1CIiQ

Thank you for posting about the run and the video. That was indeed some amazing shooting to keep the run alive. Pure shot making bailed that run out over and over. If I didn't know the final shot count I would have thought he was dead in the water a handful of times. It was fun to see how he managed to keep going.

Hu

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for posting about the run and the video. That was indeed some amazing shooting to keep the run alive. Pure shot making bailed that run out over and over. If I didn't know the final shot count I would have thought he was dead in the water a handful of times. It was fun to see how he managed to keep going.

Hu
That last shot he missed to end the run - the 13-ball all the way down the table which he slow rolled, did not roll off at all. As you watch it from the overhead, he clearly missed it on the end rail side from the get-go, and it kept it's line dead straight as it rolled down the table. I don't like after the miss, that he slow rolled the cue ball down the table insinuating the ball had rolled off on him causing the miss. It stayed dead straight when he slow rolled it again, and he knows good and well he just missed the shot - it wasn't that easy a shot even for a player of his ability - all the way down the table with the cue ball setting just a couple inches off the end rail, on tight pockets. He was forced to shoot that shot, only because he missed bumping out those two balls a few shots earlier.

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will the 9b players have to forfeit?

Melling, Dennis, SVB, Niels, busy with their 9b matches

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That last shot he missed to end the run - the 13-ball all the way down the table which he slow rolled, did not roll off at all. ...
That's not what he thought. If it rolled over half a ball -- which is very hard to see in the video -- it could have gone from make to miss.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Will the 9b players have to forfeit?

Melling, Dennis, SVB, Niels, busy with their 9b matches
It looks like there will be no more 14.1 playoff matches. I'm not sure how the payouts will be determined. Sigh.

Curt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't believe that, THAT REALLY SUCKS !!!
Don't see how they can do anything but split the money evenly, anyone could have won. Disappointing outcome

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

StickAFork.jpg

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like there will be no more 14.1 playoff matches. I'm not sure how the payouts will be determined. Sigh.
Isn't this the second year in a row this has happened? You'd think they would have corrected the scheduling conflicts from last year. It's pretty likely a number of the same top players will potentially still be alive in the late rounds in both disciplines.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't this the second year in a row this has happened? You'd think they would have corrected the scheduling conflicts from last year. It's pretty likely a number of the same top players will potentially still be alive in the late rounds in both disciplines.

There is no way to correct it. They top players are playing pretty much non-stop in the 3 main events, the big-foot, the straight pool, and occasionally an action match.

I wonder if it stays at the same venue, if it would be better to eliminate the actual 8 man tournament, and keep it only a high run event.