44.6 KB · Views: 436

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As echoed in another post.

1) hard pressed Triangle
2) hard pressed Triangle
3) hard pressed Triangle

Old school is the best school. Too much over hyped marketing in pool today. Yes, it's still the indian not the arrow. Sometimes it takes a long time to figure that simple one out.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Triangle
Triangle
Triangle
they play as good as any tip in my opinion
i get them installed for $13
1 day service
what's not to like?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
for all the guys hating on Kamui, please buy from authorized Kamui dealers - I think some have been using counterfeits and understandably not liking them.

1. Kamui black soft

2. Pressed & soaked Elkmasters (Pooldawg8 Milkduds)

3. Triangles

The first gen Moori Mediums were fantastic tips but unfortunately no longer available.

best,
brian kc

southernfried

Registered
I'm getting kind of tired of the kamui tips, looking to change brand. What are your top 3 tips?
Just in case this helps. Not planning into getting into a long discussion here. I don't get on the web site that often. A couple of years ago I researched tip hardness ratings using published information on the web. The Kamui super softs run about 57.5 on the hardness scale, the softs about 62. The Elk Master runs about 60. I have a Kamui black super soft clear on my Helmstetter (factory reproduction not an original -- darn it) and an Elk Master on my $69 Sneaky Pete. While the Helmstetter is the better playing cue, most likely due to the Bob Danielson shaft I have for it, I really can't tell much difference in the way the tips handle the cue ball. The Elk Master is more prone to mushrooming but it's also about $45 less than the Kamui where I play.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just in case this helps. Not planning into getting into a long discussion here. I don't get on the web site that often. A couple of years ago I researched tip hardness ratings using published information on the web. The Kamui super softs run about 57.5 on the hardness scale, the softs about 62. The Elk Master runs about 60. I have a Kamui black super soft clear on my Helmstetter (factory reproduction not an original -- darn it) and an Elk Master on my $69 Sneaky Pete. While the Helmstetter is the better playing cue, most likely due to the Bob Danielson shaft I have for it, I really can't tell much difference in the way the tips handle the cue ball. The Elk Master is more prone to mushrooming but it's also about $45 less than the Kamui where I play.

getting some really good input here, including this post. i have played with unpressed elkmaster years ago, before the moori / kamui hype. i might just give it another go, but try the soak and press thing

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SIB Medium
- I like the SIB Pro too
- SIB Soft = Kamui Super Soft

Searing Precision Medium
- The Searing Hard is great also but a good stroke is required

Triangle - Best Non-Layered tip there is

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My favorites at this time are:

G2 Soft
Kamui Black Soft
Precision Soft

I would imagine that the Zan Premier Soft would be on the list. I've only had one on once, and it was excellent. Possibly the very best overall tip I've ever tried. Definitely the best layered tip for keeping its shape and hardness over its life. Grip is very good, though perhaps a hair below the others listed. The Precision is the liveliest of the bunch, with amazing action. However it changes hardness and shape quite a lot. Not for the worse, but just changes.

I'd give honorable mention to the Outsville Techno Dud. I think if I used it more it would be right at the top. Maintenance is excellent, and it seems exactly like it did the first shot I took. However, I've really only played a little bit on it. Seems pretty amazing. Definitely not soft though. More of a firm medium.

Overall, I'd say the G2 is the tip that comes closest to "reading my mind", lol.

KMRUNOUT