View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
hurricane145
AzB Silver Member
hurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond reputehurricane145 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-07-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post

But there is yet another corner case here. Suppose the solids are gone and you call the eight and shoot a stripe-eight combo to pocket the eight. Is that a legal shot? Remember, mixed-group combos are allowed on an open table as long as the eight is not struck first.
I go with no. Not a legally pocketed 8 ball. By shooting at the strip ball first you are either implying (whether you want to or not) that you are taking the stripes regardless of calling the 8 ball or not or just plain fouling the 8 ball shot.

If a player breaks and happens to drop ALL the solids and one stripe (at least) and scratches the table is open. Being no fool, I am taking the solids, calling the 8 ball and shooting it in provide there is any decent shot at it.

If there isn't a decent shot at it, I would try carefully to run out the stripes. In that case, the other player should NEVER have anything of an 8 ball shot if I should miss a shot.
I have more to work with than he does!
Chances are he would let the cue ball get too loose trying to get a hit and scratch on the 8 ball anyway.
Might even be easy to set him up for a 3 consecutive foul loss of game!

Last edited by hurricane145; 05-07-2019 at 05:58 PM.