View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
jeephawk
AzB Gold Member
jeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-08-2019, 05:05 AM

I also have a Schmelke in a Sneaky Pete and also one with a traditional shaft that is a little "nicer" - I think they are both great cues, IMO, but I'm not a high caliber player and my only other experience before those were ancient house cues, cheap traditional cues and the made in Canada Dufferins I bought many years ago to have in the rack. I don't really use the Sneaky Pete much - I ordered some different diameters in the cues just for some variety for anyone that might want to play and the one that was a little more custom I've found to be just right for me.

I indulged last spring and had a cue made by Pat Diveney. It would also be described as a Sneaky Pete and is all kielwood. It is definitely noticeably different in feel than the Schmelke cues. I really like it a lot, and anyone looking at it wouldn't think it was anything special, but it was more expensive. I still reach for the Schmelke I like best just as often as the Diveney - again, love them both.