View Single Post
Old
  (#54)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-20-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
If someone ever explains to her the theory of staying on the right side of the ball, then she might start playing position.

You may find it surprising, or unbelievable, but many league players spend their entire pool playing lives content with just getting a shot, any shot, and they become very good at pocketing balls, especially difficult shots because they leave themselves in difficult situations all the time. They play one night a week, just a few games, for years. "Position" to them is being able to have another shot, regardless of difficulty or chance of getting to the next shot. It's weird, because they can watch the better players and still not get it. They iust don't pay attention I guess.
Yeah, see, I think you and I are thinking different things about the meaning of the term 'good shot-maker.' I don't mean a good shot-maker for a once a week player. I mean someone who plays a lot and pockets balls from just about everywhere. That type of player is just on the cusp of reeling it in and playing position. It's just a natural progression. The type of player you're referring to should probably continue to work on their shot-making skills.