Used Deluxe Cue Smith for sale!

JC

Coos Cues
Ahh Okay, Was asking so that people understood that this is not a lesser machine that is now obsolete and has been replaced by a new model, rather the same machine that can be converted to the modern variant with a moderate investment if one should so desire!

100 bucks for a sewing machine motor and it's up to date.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buyer was told by mom he could not have a lathe in their condo so it is still for sale.

WTH is this world coming to.
I guess it would be better if he just plays video games or stays on his phone and does social media? A kid shows some initiative, must have saved some money, gets into a productive, creative endeavor and it's all compliance nazi thrown at him. Some chinese kid would have a full blown factory in the kitchen & LR, with an employees or 2 sleeping in the closets and mom would be taking orders and doing shipping.

:D

True, but rant off....

sigh.

smt

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
WTH is this world coming to.
I guess it would be better if he just plays video games or stays on his phone and does social media? A kid shows some initiative, must have saved some money, gets into a productive, creative endeavor and it's all compliance nazi thrown at him. Some chinese kid would have a full blown factory in the kitchen & LR, with an employees or 2 sleeping in the closets and mom would be taking orders and doing shipping.

:D

True, but rant off....

sigh.

smt

I lived in a mobile home when I bought my first lathe and put it in our living room. That was back in my mid 20s and that only lasted for a year before my wife made me buy a house with a basement for a shop. But the extra money that lathe brought in got her that house.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Who says you can't have Hightower Deluxe lathe in a condo?
I have one in my apartment.
We already built a cue, plays real good.

ASC Cues...Apartment Shop Customs

20180824_033246.jpg

20180824_033225.jpg

20180824_033129.jpg

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That cheered me up.
Great initiative!

There's people that can't do anything until everything is perfect & every machine under the sun set up in an immaculate dedicated workshop. Then there's some guy who will take a hand plane and a handsaw and start making full splice's just like BBC did back in the day. Somewhere in between, a guy with a cuesmith or similar can actually be pretty productive even if he has to start at the kitchen table.

smt

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
If only he would ship it!!! Too far for me to pick it up.

I know, it's unreal that a Hightower Deluxe is still a available especially at that price.
Would actually be worth it to make a road trip.
I doubt we will see one again for that price, I never have.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have had some low offers on this but the price is firm. I know the lathe is worth more than the $1500 we are asking.

millertime77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm

Hmmm wife is flying to Tyson’s corner for work. I wonder if TSA would let her carry it on the plane?😂
Was wondering how heavy the lathe is? I’m wondering if a average woman be able to handle picking it up and then pack up to ship?
Thanks in advance.
Jeremy Miller