Changing the weight of an older model Predator cue

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello!

I have an older model Predator cue, Predator 5k4, and I wanted to get more weight in it since I always liked a bit heavier cue, the picture number one is the screw that was in it and picture number two is what I did to get more weight, do you think its safe to screw it back like this, will the screw get loose or something?

Tnx!

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 240
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 229

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello!

I have an older model Predator cue, Predator 5k4, and I wanted to get more weight in it since I always liked a bit heavier cue, the picture number one is the screw that was in it and picture number two is what I did to get more weight, do you think its safe to screw it back like this, will the screw get loose or something?

Tnx!

Hello Mirza
I wouldn't like that myself. You could go to a longer screw but you would probably have to reduce the size of the head on it, or if you have the capabilty or know someone who does. Change it to a larger screw such as a 1/2x13 set screw or it's equivalent in metric seeing your in Bosnia

Last edited:

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I first searched for the same but bigger screw but couldn't find it anywhere...

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Measure out how deep the cue is threaded for adding weight.

You can always put a set screw in the bottom & then put the bolt back in on top of the set screw. Or purchase a longer screw if you don't have the longest one already.

https://www.muellers.com/Predator-Weight-Bolt,5594.html?b=s*predator+weight+bolts

My idea didn't work, I can't get it into the butt because its to wide like this, my screw is 1,44 oz so I ordered the 2.2 oz from this website but its on backorder.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hello Mirza- just internet search predator weight bolts and many sites come up for ordering such weights

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hello Mirza- just internet search predator weight bolts and many sites come up for ordering such weights

Most are uniloc weight system for newer Predator cues, muellers is one of the rare sites where you can still order predator screw weight for older models, but it says its on backorder so I have no idea will I get and when, considering the pandemic and all. I couldn't find it anywhere in Europe, searched through all web sites and FB groups.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a bolt in same thread size
Get hacksaw.
Cut bolt to desired length to add weight, weigh bolt first.
Cut slot in top of bolt.
Use narrow flathead screwdriver to screw in bolt ahead of other bolt.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have plenty of older model Pechauer weight screws. What is the Exact length and the ounce weight of that screw? I’ll compare it to what I have. It’s possible they used different types of metal for their screws, some heavier than others.

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator Cues International: +1 (904) 448-8748

Give em a call, I would hope they can help you out.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have plenty of older model Pechauer weight screws. What is the Exact length and the ounce weight of that screw? I’ll compare it to what I have. It’s possible they used different types of metal for their screws, some heavier than others.

It is 10 cm long (3.93700787 inches) and 42 grams in weight (1.4815064 ounces).

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get hacksaw.
Cut slot in top of bolt.

Couldn't find a bolt in the same thread size, at least not in my city, maybe its something that is not used in Europe, I have no idea?!

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get hacksaw.
Cut slot in top of bolt.

Do above.
Problem solved for pennies or whatever coinage you have in Bosnia