2018 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
4-7 loss against the 9-ball “pro” ghost.
https://youtu.be/7YL786tNAIc

I got bored and decided to goof around with the SVB/DO type break after watching Dr. Dave’s video. It wasn’t working so well for me this set but I wasn’t hitting the rack accurately and my CB was all over the place.

I went ahead and uploaded this one and two sets later, while this vid was uploading, I was up 4-1 after losing the first game then running a 4 pack. I liked my chances from there and was a little bummed that I didn’t have the camera rolling...then I lost six games in a row. :eek:

I’ve never beaten the “pro” ghost...I’m going to keep at it and see if I can get lucky.

Nice 4 pack! I’m an underdog to even make a ball on the break 4 times in a row!

donuteric

always a newbie
Silver Member
A rare 7-0 win. BIH version. Phone was shut off mid match due to storage. Video shows 4 1/2 racks. Quite a bit upset as the complete video would've served as a reminder of success after my recent efforts during practice.

GC3. 4.25" corners, 4.75" sides.

https://youtu.be/qaWjiLJIBgo

donuteric

always a newbie
Silver Member
Do you have menory catd in your phone?

Yes in my Android. I used my wife's iphone, but I didn't know I had to delete all the deleted videos twice to completely erase the files. So the recording just stopped half way while I was playing. :mad:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes in my Android. I used my wife's iphone, but I didn't know I had to delete all the deleted videos twice to completely erase the files. So the recording just stopped half way while I was playing. :mad:

Many of memory cards have old type file system. 4gb is max file size then. My phone records 31 min. Then 4gb max size of memory card(for one file) is full. Memory card total size is 64gb...
I gonna buy newer phone soon with internal memory of 64gb so I can record longer videos without manually restarting recording.

P.s I have lost countless good 14.1 runs or Ghost sets due that 4gb restriction :D

P.p.s List updated

Last edited:

donuteric

always a newbie
Silver Member
Many of memory cards have old type file system. 4gb is max file size then. My phone records 31 min. Then 4gb max size of memory card(for one file) is full. Memory card total size is 64gb...
I gonna buy newer phone soon with internal memory of 64gb so I can record longer videos without manually restarting recording.

P.s I have lost countless good 14.1 runs or Ghost sets due that 4gb restriction :D

P.p.s List updated

I'm going to setup a permanent camera solution on the table and will probably get it done this week or early next week. I might have some visitors this month and might do some live streaming. The whole phone recording just doesn't work as well and the presented angle is terrible.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice! Man your stroke is STRAIGHT. Sucks that the vid was cut short. That has happened to me as well...frustrating.

Poolmanis—that other 4-7 loss without a vid was against the pro ghost as well.

Man I thought I was going to beat that dang no BIH ghost today. I had four 4-7 loss sets today and I had chances every time. I just need the racks to spread right, a good look at the one, and to not do anything stupid, lol.

Sorry. I have not been able videos lately. I also have been busy lately with tournaments. I won Finnish Champs on Finnish Kaisa Billiards(scotch doubles) and have 14.1 ranking tournament tomorrow. So I have been studying 14.1 runs. Also trying to start new business. New woman also not helping :D

donuteric

always a newbie
Silver Member
Very nice! Man your stroke is STRAIGHT. Sucks that the vid was cut short. That has happened to me as well...frustrating.

Thank you! Like many players, sometimes I see balls. Sometimes I don't. I did a 9-1 in 9-ball last year and this was the first time I blanked one. Hoping I can do a century on 10.0 non-continuous this year. :thumbup:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
The ghost in my house gets a bigger spot then normal. I have an 8 footer and I have bad walls that are a little over a foot to close to the table on the sides... so the short stick comes into play a fair bit. Frustrating, but a price to pay to be able to shoot at home and stay in stroke between trips to the poolhall.

I attempted this video last night and screwed myself about 5 times being close to the rail and needing to let my stoke out with the short cue... either dogging the ball or missing shape. Soon after the battery in my phone was too low to record the entire set so I gave up on recording.

As soon as I took the camera off and plugged it in, I snapped him off at 7-2. I'm gonna get a win on video soon hopefully, please don't put this score up there, I'd rather have the video of it as proof.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Visited today other poolhall and decided to play little pro-ghost 9-ball on those tight Diamiond tables. I was lucky enough and won 7-6. Should be on video. Coming later.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My last 7-6 Match against pro 9-ball Ghost. This time on fast Diamond table.
**deleted link**
Edit: Oh. I am noob. Copyright stuff due backgorund music. Trying remove those songs.. taking some time

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ended up deleting video. Gotta upload it again later without sounds. Maybe put some no copyright music instead..