CJ Wiley vs Dennis Orcollo

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 7 is a pretty big spot in 10 ball. I'd play a lot of better players with that, shortstops and low level pros included. Of course I may learn differently trying it.

I give up some ridiculous spots to prove a point or get action. Recently I gave all the breaks, 7 out in 9 ball and 8 games to 5 to a decent player who is improving. I hung a 9 ball running out and still beat him 8 games to 2! It is hard for a guy to win if he never sees a good shot. You can't win from your chair.

I think a guy like CJ can win with this. His mental game is very strong. He plays a smart game. On the other hand if Dennis brings his A game....race to 25 may be torture.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
CJ gets the 7 ball handicap

Corey got this from Shane (it might have even been the 6..) and stood no chance.

CJ certainly has an uphill climb. I played him a few years back on a Diamond, and he was still trying to play with his old Brunswick-centric style. Slight inside english on every cut shot, and hit the ball just a little firmer.

That works on a slower Brunswick, but is just no good when playing on a tough Diamond, which punishes both inaccuracy in shotmaking, and substandard position.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Corey got this from Shane (it might have even been the 6..) and stood no chance.

CJ certainly has an uphill climb. I played him a few years back on a Diamond, and he was still trying to play with his old Brunswick-centric style. Slight inside english on every cut shot, and hit the ball just a little firmer.

That works on a slower Brunswick, but is just no good when playing on a tough Diamond, which punishes both inaccuracy in shotmaking, and substandard position.

I just read about Shane's match with Corey. I heard he got the 5 ball. After Shane tortured him. I heard Corey said, I guess I need the 4.

_______

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
What Pool players in this country have an insurance plan, retirement or are building anything year after year? Is that why we cant win the Mosconi Cup, because the poor Europeans have so much time on their hands because they cant find real work?

No, it's because private European billiard clubs can get their liquor license WAY, WAY WAY WWAY WAY WYAYWAAAAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYYYYYYYY easier than a private club could get such a thing in the states. And so they can support themselves, giving players a place to play and compete.

Pool halls don't make money any more in America, so we have no one to compete against on a regular basis, outside of a few geographic areas. American pros falling behind the world is a cultural problem, not a talent problem.

Dave714

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who did CJ gamble with in Shreveport recently. He mentioned about playing someone on Sullyvision.

Last edited:

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ wrote three FB statuses about his gambling match with DO and he never wrote that he gets the 7, I wonder why that is...:rolleyes:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ wrote three FB statuses about his gambling match with DO and he never wrote that he gets the 7, I wonder why that is...:rolleyes:
He does say he gets the 7 when somebody asked him on one of the posts.

And he does have a backer he says so in the same post

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
He does say he gets the 7 when somebody asked him on one of the posts.

And he does have a backer he says so in the same post

Texans like everything Big. Big Spot, big table, big smile, big Bet, big Backer....and the glitz and glitter.

These two are ''hard core'' gamblers.

My hopes, the wind doesn't blow one way or the other.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dont be obtuse. It is a tangerines to grapefruit comparison, you vs. Cj/ cj vs dennis.

Playing a normal weekly event player, cj knows he is going to get a few shots that are the result of his opponent's errors, every set. Playing Dennis, he may go HOURS without getting a shot that wasn't 99.7% dennis' design.

He had 5 break and runs out of 6 breaks. Are you telling me sometimes he doesn't break and run those racks based on who his opponent is?

Dennis will make errors during a race to 13. Nobody plays perfect for that stretch.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He had 5 break and runs out of 6 breaks. Are you telling me sometimes he doesn't break and run those racks based on who his opponent is?

Dennis will make errors during a race to 13. Nobody plays perfect for that stretch.

You clearly dont get it.

That said, it is 100% true that cj might win a set, spot or no spot...so I would be wrong to claim otherwise.

And if you think Dennis cant play for HOURS without making an egregious error, you better.watch the tape again.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are playing on a tight table that CJ plays on quite a bit.

CJ said he thinks the tight table and wooden rack with a neutral racker will slow down Dennis enough to keep it from being a break and run fest for Dennis.

So home court advantage and racking rules help CJ but Dennis has a way of making difficult tables look easy.

Should be fun match to sweat who knows CJ might have a flashback to the 90's :wink:

45869408_141495413489452_4562854482244796416_n.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

CJ said he thinks the tight table and wooden rack with a neutral racker will slow down Dennis enough to keep it from being a break and run fest for Dennis.

So home court advantage and racking rules help CJ but Dennis has a way of making difficult tables look easy.

Should be fun match to sweat CJ might have a flashback to the 90's :wink:

View attachment 504752
"Pro" 10b rules? Call shot, no call safe? Can 10b be made on carom/combo?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shirt, wiley!
:eek:

Should be fun match to sweat who knows CJ might have a flashback to the 90's :wink:

View attachment 504752

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You clearly dont get it.

That said, it is 100% true that cj might win a set, spot or no spot...so I would be wrong to claim otherwise.

And if you think Dennis cant play for HOURS without making an egregious error, you better.watch the tape again.

I will ask again. Will CJ break and run less vs a better player just because he is facing a better player? I never said CJ will win this match. Just he is more capable than people on here are giving him credit for. I do not think this will be a blowout.

Please link a match where Dennis played a race to 13 in 10 ball without missing a single ball. Would you like to bet that Dennis does not miss a single ball during the match vs CJ? I bet he will miss at least one ball.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will ask again. Will CJ break and run less vs a better player just because he is facing a better player? I never said CJ will win this match. Just he is more capable than people on here are giving him credit for. I do not think this will be a blowout.

Please link a match where Dennis played a race to 13 in 10 ball without missing a single ball. Would you like to bet that Dennis does not miss a single ball during the match vs CJ? I bet he will miss at least one ball.
Yes and no, no and yes and maybe, too.

If you dont get it, you dont get it.