View Single Post
Old
  (#86)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-23-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Not sure what the big deal is...offers to buy, offers to sell....itís just business.

USA is already a customer of Denmark....bought three of the Virgin Island from them.
Florida was acquired from Spain for the bargain basement price of 5 million.
The Louisiana purchase and Alaska cost quite a bit more.

Canada, still the British Empire at the time, traded a Caribbean island for Quebec from France.
right.. those are all rather old examples, which should lead the observant mind to the conclusion that colonial style land acquisitions don't happen that much anymore. in this case the wildlings within the subject land has somehow formed their own autonomous government. and they don't want to be sold or have their land sold, it seems.

i wonder what really happened here. my guess is that the neocon cold warriors within the administration talked to trump about setting up some more military bases on greenland, which triggered trump's pride in real estate dealmaking. while the previously mentioned bunch loves government spending, i doubt this was the way they wanted to go about it