Thread: Finish Lifting
View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

04-20-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
I can think of twenty other cues I have used cocobolo and cue coat together and none of them are peeling like this. It's also peeling from the chatke viga handle in places which is unlikely place for him to have scraped it on a valley table.

I have used lacquer thinner or denatured alcohol to wipe down prior to the first seal coat on all my cues. Maybe wrong stuff? Have not tried acetone.

There seems to be something different about this cue as I have done the same thing on all my others. That's what I'm trying to think of what it could be that's unique to this cue.

JC
Well, that one bleeds like an elephant on a period.

Cue Cote or any epoxy finisher is only good for 3 months on your shelf.
Date them and don't use them for finish after that .
Might still be good for threaded parts with some powder b/c threaded parts are mechanically bonded .
But, for finish, they have to be full strength .

PS
Sand with a good 180 grit lengthwise.
If you spin sand with coarser than 220, you'll know what happens.