Thread: Bar rules
View Single Post
Old
  (#11)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-17-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
How is it bar rules don't allow for defensive play? I thought all a player had to do was hit the cue ball so it went at least 5 inches or something like that?

I know it's different everywhere.

I play BCAPL rules. I feel the rules were set up to keep fighting about the game to a minimum.

Had a friend over last night and he went off on how crappy league rules are and how bar rules are the best. He thought he was taking some manly moral high road by saying he would never play a safety. I had to laugh when he said bar rules everyone tries to make a shot. I said I've played in plenty bars w bar rules and seen players dog shots and hide the cb.

I was gonna have him sub for my league team, I know he'd enjoy it. But I'm not sending someone in who refuses to play defense.
Some of the bar players get downright angry and violent if you try to play defense
against them. I will very rarely play in a bar against anyone I don't know. Sometimes
the only rule observed in a bar is don't use the cue as a weapon, but anything else
goes. Do you all remember that pool hall scene in the Steven Segal movie when he
beat up everyone with a pool ball stuffed in a cloth napkin? That's generally how
bar games go 'round here