Gyroscope used for self-leveling cruise ship pool table

screamingelvis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most cruise ships would rather have a blackjack table of other fleecing device that many people can loose their money at than a pool table that entertains just a few. While we;re on this subject when I was in St. Tom's i hired a cabbie for the day and wanted to play pool and he asked if i played black ball (am fam w/it) and said i could adjust and he made it seem that it was not a thing for a tourist to do. I have a bit of wonder left in me about this what did I miss my murder, danger, adventure or what can someone enlighten me for xmas? (did not mean to hi-jack)
Elvis

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The whole floor should be on the gyroscope. It would be strange to play with a moving floor. What happens with the table if you put weight on it - more than the weight of the balls? Will it still stay leveled?

-Jon Birger

GreenFeltguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I worked on that ship

I was a pool instructor for Royal Carribean that had the pool tables with the gyro levelers, the tables cost 75,000 each. They owned 8 of them and they were amazing. In 20 foot seas the balls would not move even though the ship was almost jumping out the water! Gerald Huber, author, The Green Felt Jungle