View Single Post
Old
  (#44)
ctran
You watch me.
ctran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond reputectran has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-05-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscrewed1989 View Post
Yes, it's kinda funny. Alot of the guys that used to jump on me to play as soon as I walked in the door turn me down now when I ask them to play. I'm not saying I can't get action, I still get plenty. Now it's just with players who, not so long ago, were giving up the 7 and the break to me. Now we are playing even. I'm also giving up weight to players I would have never dreamed I'd have to spot! I still have alot of work to do and I'm certainly not getting any younger. My goal is to cash in at least one event at the DCC (if I get to go). I have to say, I'm enjoying the game more than I ever have right now!
It is amazing how changing the attitude and mental approach have improved my game also. I kind of start all over again from my tactics and game style also. and really got significant improvement lately.

I felt I was strong enough to enter amateur tournaments. In Vietnam there is no ranking system, no handicap tournaments, so who are not listed in the national team (about 15-20 pro players or so) are amateurs, which is quite unfair, but I just thought of how to get as many games as possible in the tournaments.

Surprisingly, I got into last 16 and last 8 in my 2 tournaments. in both tourneys, I started shaky coz I was inexperienced, but then played better and better. and I could beat guys who I watched admirably before. which is a great fun and I can also say I am enjoying the game more than ever now.