View Single Post
Old
  (#2)
tonythetiger583
AzB Silver Member
tonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond reputetonythetiger583 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-09-2016, 07:08 PM

Okay, so tested it out on the table and the Halfway pivot point was a bust.
But I think I have it figured out.

Level Cue

-So BHE will stay on the shot line immediately before eventually swerving off.
-FHE will squirt off more initially before swerving onto the shot line.
-Usually you add BHE first, and tack on increasing amounts of FHE to compensate for the swerve.

-If you use any point other than the natural pivot point, you need to blend BHE and FHE and then add on FHE to counteract the swerve.

-The shorter your bridge, the higher the proportion of FHE starting from none at the pivot point. The shorter your bridge the less BHE will squirt the ball over, so you need to use FHE to add more squirt.

-It works the same for increasingly longer bridges, except you need to add FHE in the opposite direction, before you blend in the BHE. The longer the bridge. the more BHE will squirt over, so you need to use FHE to squirt it in the opposite direciton.

That is only to get you to make the ball go straight down the shot line and you still need to add a bit of FHE for swerve.

Elevated Cue:
- Swerve effects are greater so you need to use pure FHE to get the ball to squirt over as much as possible before hitting your target.
-If FHE isn't enough, parallel squirts about twice as much as FHE.
- You can also use BHE and hit the ball thick and use the elevation and swerve to thin the ball.

I also figured out something I think is neat:
-If you aim thick, you can hit a ball harder to make it squirt over more, or you can add English, hit it soft and have the ball swerve over to still make the ball.

It forms this neat little triangle of Aim, Spin, Speed where you can do a sort of pick any two thing.

So you can Aim anywhere within reason, and use any speed, make the ball, but you have to apply the specific spin.

Or you can Aim anywhere, use any spin, but you have to use the specific speed.

You can also use any speed you want, any spin you want, but don't get to aim where you want I guess.