Anybody shaving their underarms for pool

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All your replies gave me a good laugh, but the question was ment to be serious. You know swimmers shave their body to avoid water resistance.

If you could move your bridge one inch to either side if your arms were shaven, don't you think it is an advantage. People wear gloves or use powder to avoid friction - some people think that is a joke too, but seriously nobody ever made a foul because their hair touched a ball? If you have long hair on your head, you probably do something with it before playing.

If I do it, I will post pictures:) lol

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In all but the highest level tournaments, where a referee is present to call fouls on all balls, I'm pretty sure cue ball fouls are the only ones of consequence. Everyone can see the cue ball... looking for arm hair contact would be a little tedious though.

I have a long way to go before arm hairs are keeping me from attaining a higher level of proficiency :)

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I have a long way to go before arm hairs are keeping me from attaining a higher level of proficiency :)

It does help with the shots that are really close, rattle but don't fall. You won't miss those shots by a hair anymore.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This guy probably should...

8Ctcc.jpg
SHIT! Who said Bigfoot
is just a myth?

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Yeah I have to shave my armpits every day. The last time I let it go for too long I lost a hill hill match because a cube of pre flag master chalk fell out of my pit hair. When I went home and investigated further I found 2 more cubes of chalk, 2 dollars worth of loose change and some cigarette butts in my arm pit. I will never let that cost me a game again.

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just wondering whether anybody shaves their forearm (between elbow and hand) before playing pool. Touching a ball with your hair is a foul. Let's say you are right-handed, do you shave your left forearm to avoid hair contact with object balls?
This may account for the blood curdling screams that I heard at the last tournament that I was at when I saw two guys going to the john with a big roll of duct tape.:smile:

LuckedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in the town of the OSU Beavers.

There is a place of business right across the street from the U that advertises on their front window in big letters......"come get your beaver waxed".

I don't think the girls who use that shop play pool though.