Instructions on Adding a CueTable Layout to Your AZ Post

cuetable

Line Up Your Best Shot!
Silver Member
Dear AZBilliards Forum Members:

Together with AZ staff, we have created a special player version of the CueTable for AZBilliards Forum users to include their own shot layouts inside of their posts. Being able to view and edit the diagrams directly from posts will greatly enhance the forum experience for everyone. The following instructions show you how to do this.

To Embed a CueTable Layout in a Forum Post
  1. Once you have drawn a layout on the CueTable Editor, export the layout data from the software by clicking on
    b_ExportData.gif
    ExportData<E>
    in the lower right side of the table. This will automatically copy the layout data to your computer memory.

InsertCueTableToAnAZBPost1.gif

2. Go to the AZ Forum post editor and do a computer paste (Control-V on PC, Command-V on Mac).

InsertCueTableToAnAZBPost2.gif

3. Highlight all the layout data texts

InsertCueTableToAnAZBPost3.gif

4. Click on the
    WeiOnAZ.gif
    Wei button in the editor tool bar to add [ WEI ]...[/ WEI ] tags around the texts.

InsertCueTableToAnAZBPost4.gif

5. You can submit the post now. The layout will be shown automatically on a CueTable Player in your post. If you are new to this you can use the AZ's Test Area to practice.

To Edit an Existing CueTable Layout from a Forum Post
  1. Click on the
    edit.gif
    Edit <A>
    button located at the lower right side of the CueTable Player. This will open the current layout on a CueTable Editor in full size.

EditCueTableFromAZBPost1.gif

2. Once the layout gets shown on CueTable Editor in a new window, you can then adjust ball position or change things around. To save the changes and include the new layout in another post, follow the steps above.

CueTable Player Technical Information
  • Just like WeiTable, both CueTable Player and CueTable Editor are made from Adobe Director which requires the Adobe Shockwave Plug-In (different from Adobe Flash Plug-In). It can be downloaded from the Adobe Shockwave Player Site
  • It will display both WeiTable data and CueTable data from the html page.
  • Since the CueTable Player does not have the full editing features, it requires less system resource than WeiTable does. It also has a smaller file size than CueTable Editor does.
  • It will work both in a forum post and in your private message (PM).
  • There is no longer a need to take a screen capture, open it in an image editor, save into .jpg or .gif file and upload it as an attachment. We save time and harddrive room.

Advantages of CueTable Player over the old WeiTable
  • Correct Size/Proportion to a standard 9 ft Pool Table with regulation-sized balls
  • Full Crispy Raster Graphics with Higher Resolution and Better Color
  • Multiple Pages Can be Saved in One Layout Data String
  • Post-It Text Notes for Adding Captions in the Layout
  • More Lines, Better Lines, Longer Lines
  • Shorter Layout Data String in a URL- Ready Format

Additional Links

Special thanks to Mike Howerton and his staff for their tremendous assistance in implementing the new software into the AZBilliards forum.

CueTable is a free public software and is supported by our sponsors and users like you. We are very please to have the opportunity to help communication among players of our sport.

Now, let's line up your best shots !

sde

Silver Member
Thank you very much! This is a great idea. I do not have time to try and follow the step by step instruction right now but I will at a later time.

Steve

Jeeves

you are in range!!!
Silver Member
thank you

Will you be at the Straight Pool event this week? I hope to be there early in the week. Iwould like to pick up a cd or dvd of this there. I have dial-up and it is impossible to download any thing.

sky..

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got a question.. How do I view the tables using Safari? (Mac) I was looking at AZE's thread, and I can't see the layouts, it just appears as a big blank.

EDIT: I can, however, see the layout you posted here.

Last edited:

cuetable

Line Up Your Best Shot!
Silver Member
Hi:

Please check Installing the Shockwave Player on a Intel-Based Macintosh in our FAQ section:

http://pl.cuetable.com/showthread.php?t=713

:)

Note added 2.07.2009:

Intel based Shockwave has been available for a while now and you will not need to use Rosetta emulation mode anymore. However, I am leaving this note just for the record.

Last edited:

sky..

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. Another question, how bout Firefox? (cause I use safari on the laptop, and firefox on my office computer/desktop)

cuetable

Line Up Your Best Shot!
Silver Member
Dear CueTable users:

We have created a quick reference sheet with brief descriptions on our software function in PDF format. Please right-click the following link and print out a hardcopy to put on your desk. Hopefully this will help you to get more effecient in making CueTable layouts :)

http://cuetable.com/FreeStuffs/CueTableQuickReferenceSheet.pdf
CueTableQsheet.gif

Also, if you have any questions or suggestions about CueTable, please submit them to CueTable Online Tech Support.

preacherman

CPPA Founder
Silver Member
Looks good - Hope many use it!

I checked it out, and like it. I haven't tried it yet but have just registered.
This really looks like it could be quite a useful tool among players.

cuetable

Line Up Your Best Shot!
Silver Member
Just a reminder that you should use "CopyLayoutURL" if you want to copy the layout data for a forum post.

(CopyLayoutHtml button is used for embedding layout in a blog or a web page only. For example: Mika's Blog, Thorsten's Blog )

Attachments

• CopyURL.jpg
    CopyURL.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 4,536
Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
WEI Table Edit Problem and Solution

A few months ago, my WEI Table edit button (the pencil icon next to the 3D icon) stopped functioning. We have now figured out it has something to do with Internet Explorer/Windows (possibly Vista) conflicts.

If you click the pencil icon below and it does not re-direct you to the edit screen, then one solution is to download Firefox or Google Chrome. Both worked fine on my computer.

Let me know if this works for you - A big thanks to Johnny in St. Louis for the suggestion!

Google Chrome Download:

http://www.google.com/chrome/index.html?hl=en&brand=CHMA&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-bk&utm_medium=ha

Firefox Download:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html?from=getfirefox

CueTable Help

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
yes... seems that certain browsers (Internet Explorer 8) don't work with it now. It used to before.

Please go here to this thread and let him know that it doesn't work. State your Operating System (XP, VIsta, Win7) and your Browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome) and the Browser Version (Click Help /About on your browser)

Tell him what doesn't work.

Please... if he isn't made aware of it, it will never get fixed. Thanks!

http://pool.bz/online-support/9445-editing-issues-wei-table.html

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
yes... seems that certain browsers (Internet Explorer 8) don't work with it now. It used to before.

Please go here to this thread and let him know that it doesn't work. State your Operating System (XP, VIsta, Win7) and your Browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome) and the Browser Version (Click Help /About on your browser)

Tell him what doesn't work.

Please... if he isn't made aware of it, it will never get fixed. Thanks!

http://pool.bz/online-support/9445-editing-issues-wei-table.html

I alerted "Cuetable" with a private message. I use Internet Explorer 8 with Vista, both 32 and 64.

Chris

Last edited:

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
I alerted "Cuetable" with a private message.

Chris

I encourage everyone to please post in that thread listed in my above post, so he is getting a lot more people, than just myself, saying there are issues. Please furnish the info regarding OS and Browser info in your post too, as that is important info in helping him with narrowing down the issue.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I decided to give the IE8 issue a look. Found a quick fix for those who want to stick with IE8 (ugh):

When you click edit, it brings you to cuetable.com and then redirects to pool.bz with a link that looks like this:

http://pool.bz/P/?@2BHtW4CCOW4DOKg4EVkk4FbUY3GXvi4HLpC4INaV1PLMv@

Simply change the pool.bz to weitable.com ...so the link now looks like this:

http://weitable.com/P/?@2BHtW4CCOW4DOKg4EVkk4FbUY3GXvi4HLpC4INaV1PLMv@

Nice job, CreeDo. How did you figure that out?

Chris

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Nice job, CreeDo. How did you figure that out?

Chris

lol don't recall now. basically turned off every security option in ie and still no joy. so i figured it was a redirect issue and it wasn't really going to the layout url. i heart computers?!