I Am sure every room has one of these guys!

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I am sure every room has one of these guys, But how far will they take it!

The type of guy that i am talking about, thinks he is pro speed. but is clearly just your everyday run of the mill "A-B" player.

This player thinks that his game cannot be touched, by the regular players that frequent the local rooms. claims that whenever he looses it is not that he played bad, it is because the other player got all the rolls at clutch times in the match.. also when you watch his matches he gets just as many rolls as anyone else. What i love most is when he gets a lucky safe, and you fail to hit it. he that plays a safe, to try to take advantage of his Busted A$$ luck!

He has taken the B.S. to the level of having his own website, where he can yank his own chain, and tell others of his trials and tribulations of being the pro player that he is ! ! ! !

He has taken it to the level now where it is just down right ridiculous, so much that he is in players heads such as mine. that i cant play him in the tournaments when he has to spot me some stupid weight. when i feel that i should be probably be playing him even.

Has anyone else here ever encountered situations like this?

maybe not to this extreme. but still i would love to hear your tales!

Steve

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I definitely know where you are coming from, we have a guy just like that, that pumps his fists and carries on like he is the second coming of efren reyes. I dont understand how these types of players become this disillusioned about their game. Now while these players do play well and can run racks I'm sure the guy you are talking about has never actually won one of those pro events he loves so much. Basically i think what it comes down it is fantasy. Fantasy of what it would be like to be that guy that people whisper about when he walks into a room or the guy that Shane Van Boening is right now. Give it time my friend im sure you will be kicking his ass in no time. His grandure will fade when he realizes that after his like fiftieth tournament quote unquote upset that he really has nothing but to go back to the local rooms and beat up on the so called underclass player.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
what do i need to do to get him out of my head? outside of kicking his A$$.

The problem is that i will probably have to donate a few sets until i shake him.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
i still want to hear more stories. i think it is soooo funny some of the stuff that these types of guys do.

Whats life without comedy?!?!?!?

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I Dont want this thread to become a How-To on how to beat him, i just mainly want some good stories!

I have lots more to tell, just want to sit back a watch the replies.

and i will come back with some more good stuff

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to play in a BCA league that included a guy who would pump his fist in frustration. He just couldn't understand why he sucked so bad. One night he accidentlypunched a bulletin board and bloodied his knuckle on a tack. Funny

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Tournament entry $25
Calcutta $50
First Round Bye FREE
Getting Smacked with a 7-pack - Priceless

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Little off but close

TX Poolnut said:
I used to play in a BCA league that included a guy who would pump his fist in frustration. He just couldn't understand why he sucked so bad. One night he accidentlypunched a bulletin board and bloodied his knuckle on a tack. Funny

It's not the same thing but almost as irritating. Our league team played a team two weeks in a row in a 9B league. We lost badly each week. 1st week to be out of the money (7th place). The next week we lost the season ending $100 match. We are not particularly good but should have won each match easily. If it could go wrong it did. No less than 7 games in those two matches were won by the same guy on the other team when we were giving the 7 out.

In each case this guy just smashed the ball without shooting at a pocket and
got about 6 balls moving and one or more winning balls found a home. This drove me nuts. And each time his girlfriend would tell him 'good shot honey!!'

I snapped. I went outside and threw three plastic patio chairs out on the lawn/sidewalk/street. I couldn't get 'nice shot honey!!' out of my head for weeks. I had been an uninvited attendee two weeks in a row of the luckiest MF on earth club weekly meeting. Not funny at the time-slightly better now.
Oh yeah-I had to go pick up the chairs too. Not my proudest moment in pool.

I do know the type you mean. They are in every room. That I understand. I just couldn't deal with that much bad luck at one time(twice).

Sorry for the rant

3railkick

Reactions: sde

akinnyz

Newest Go-Off in Phoenix!
Silver Member
Our room has a few of these players...

One of them is a middle of the range player that likes to play people obviously much better than him even. He has a myspace page that notes that he is an aspiring pro and he gives lessons. When confronted with this, he claimed it was his way of meeting local ladies that had only played bar box pool.

Another player is a fairly high rated player and seldom looses. He doesn't gamble because he doesn't have the heart. On Fri/Sat nights when the "weekend warriors" make their way to the pool room, he likes to juggle to make himself known to everyone in the room.. and has on several occasions been seen giving "free" lessons to these weekend types.

There are a few others that I haven't mentioned... but I agree, its just funny to see how they need to stroke themselves!

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny that the shortstop Filipinos act the opposite way, trying to pass themselves up as your regular barbangers!
1202.gif

akinnyz

Newest Go-Off in Phoenix!
Silver Member
gopi-1 said:
Funny that the shortstop Filipinos act the opposite way, trying to pass themselves up as your regular barbangers!
1202.gif

Yeah... whatever happened to the days that just about everyone did that?

Remember when you had to step up and gamble with someone in order to learn something new? Now it seems that anyone's just willing to hand out free lessons to any player that obviously doesn't have the work ethic to put into practice what they've just been taught.

Shortside K

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stevekur1 said:

The type of guy that i am talking about, thinks he is pro speed. but is clearly just your everyday run of the mill "A-B" player.

This player thinks that his game cannot be touched, by the regular players that frequent the local rooms. claims that whenever he looses it is not that he played bad, it is because the other player got all the rolls at clutch times in the match.. also when you watch his matches he gets just as many rolls as anyone else. What i love most is when he gets a lucky safe, and you fail to hit it. he that plays a safe, to try to take advantage of his Busted A$$ luck!

He has taken the B.S. to the level of having his own website, where he can yank his own chain, and tell others of his trials and tribulations of being the pro player that he is ! ! ! !

He has taken it to the level now where it is just down right ridiculous, so much that he is in players heads such as mine. that i cant play him in the tournaments when he has to spot me some stupid weight. when i feel that i should be probably be playing him even.

Steve

Maybe pay more attention to your own game rather than his.

To people that react like 3railkick as posted earlier... grow up.

DEAD MONEY G

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stevekur1 said:

Steve
i know exactly who you are talking about

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
stevekur1 said:

Steve

does his last name start with a b?