What time does your Pool room close?

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
Just curious what time your local pool room or rooms close. My local place is changing to their summer hours and closing earlier. It has some folks upset, so I was wondering if other pool halls do that also. I understand the reason, although I disagree with it. Whats your opinion on it?

Joe

BWTadpole

The Nitcracker
Silver Member
Just curious what time your local pool room or rooms close. My local place is changing to their summer hours and closing earlier. It has some folks upset, so I was wondering if other pool halls do that also. I understand the reason, although I disagree with it. Whats your opinion on it?

Joe

The room I go to closes at 3AM on weekdays and 4AM on Friday and Saturday. If anything, I still think they're closing too soon! :eek:

BTW, grats on the 400th post!

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The room I go to closes at 3AM on weekdays and 4AM on Friday and Saturday. If anything, I still think they're closing too soon! :eek:

BTW, grats on the 400th post!

Lucky you, I wish I had a room open till 3am, Abilene's close at midnight during the week and 1am on weekends

MilwShooter

Pool? Never heard of it..
Silver Member
Last Call for Alcohol is 2am in Wisconsin and that's when they close. 2:30 on Friday and Saturday nights. They don't open until 11am.

rlw

Silver Member

Joe

Never! ever!

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Joe
Room owners have to be sensitive to what is really going on in their area. Opening and closing hours in a business can be "self fulfilling prophesies".
I have seen places where the rule was that after a certain hour if it got slow they would close up. Could be 11:30- could be 12:30 what ever. You have to keep consistent hours even if no one is there.

If someone gets in the car and drive to your place only to find the door locked, they will assume you always close early or you don't keep trusted hours.. Either way you will kill off your business yourself. I owned a room and was open 24 hours. I had to stop serving beer at 6 am but could start again at 7 am. Amazingly there are a lot of people who are out and about in the middle of the night. I would often make as much from midnight to 6 as I made the rest of the opening hours, especially on weekends.

Either way you have to keep open as many hours and you can. Like I said, the hours you keep may determine your business and there may be business out there you didn't know about because you closed in their face.

sokaiba

1-Pocket Addict
Silver Member
One that I frequent is open 24 hours and runs a red eye special. You can play from 2 am to 11 am for 5 bucks. Most of the other rooms close at 2 am.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mine NEVER closes! Only problem is we have only one table, so there may be a waiting list. :thumbup:

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
4am

however if the manager is there and someone is playing good sized money sets he will stay open til you're done.

pretty nice imho

orangecrush

Just a banger
Silver Member
Depends on the county your in here. In Williamson county, they can only sell alcohol till 12 midnight. So all the poolhalls and bars close at midnight. In Travis county you can sell till 2am, and the poolhalls and bars close at 2am. There was a place in Travis county that would stay open till 4am, but they have changed owners and close at 2am again.

4am

however if the manager is there and someone is playing good sized money sets he will stay open til you're done.

pretty nice imho

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
Depends on the county your in here. In Williamson county, they can only sell alcohol till 12 midnight. So all the poolhalls and bars close at midnight. In Travis county you can sell till 2am, and the poolhalls and bars close at 2am. There was a place in Travis county that would stay open till 4am, but they have changed owners and close at 2am again.

yeah, no drinking in here past 2am.
You would be amazed though. The other night there was a race to 6 for $700 1pkt set. At 2am there was 19 people in the place still and at 4 am there was about 12. Not that alot of us were really spending money. Most of us were railing the action.

sde

Silver Member
Never! ever!
That's right.

Anazeh Sands West
24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year since 1963.

Anazeh Sands East
24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year since 1994. But I've heard rumors that certain employees closed for a couple of hours for their own personal reasons. :(

Steve

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Our Commuinty Room is M-S 8-9 Winter Hours, 9-9 Summer Hours, and Sunday 12-5, or 6. If there is a Bowling Tourny, or League going later we leave when the Bowlers go home.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
it's shameful and proof i live in cali. my pool hall closes at 12am weekdays and 1am weekends

That's how it is for most of our pool halls on the east coast too. They're laid back though and will stay open if there's business, or for friends.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
yeah, no drinking in here past 2am.
You would be amazed though. The other night there was a race to 6 for $700 1pkt set. At 2am there was 19 people in the place still and at 4 am there was about 12. Not that alot of us were really spending money. Most of us were railing the action.

$500/man backing my guy and I take $200 in side action and no one even offered to buy me a soda... All I know is I expect a beer or something for the next matchup :)