U.S. Mail very slow to Canada

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Maiked a First Class Envelope to Canada with some Pool Gloves in it Saturday, April 25th. No Customers thing as it was very light envelope, and did not Arrive until today May 4th. Seem a bit slow as the same type package was sent to Mass USA and only took 3 days??

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bruce, Canada Post can be a nightmare. I found this out when I collected hockey cards and the Beckett Hockey Card website was full of complaints about it. We ship to Canada quite often and sometimes, but not always, have problems. The time in transit can be quite long.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My package made it to a buyer today, and now I am not sweating its arrival. I sent a package to Asia that got there faster in the mail.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maiked a First Class Envelope to Canada with some Pool Gloves in it Saturday, April 25th. No Customers thing as it was very light envelope, and did not Arrive until today May 4th. Seem a bit slow as the same type package was sent to Mass USA and only took 3 days??

It can make your head spin. One day I sent a package to Atlanta and one to France. The one to France was delivered in 3 days while the one to Atlanta took 5 days. I sent a package to Hawaii last Saturday and another to Boston. I just checked the tracking and the one to Hawaii is already on the truck and out for delivery. The one for Boston is not even in the town yet. One thing I have learned though is sometimes the package does not get scanned. You think it has not been delivered and it is already there.

The post office still does a pretty amazing job though. But if you lose something forget about the insurance. The only time, I lost something it took me 9 months to get paid. It is three months before you can even file as they investigate. Yea right, they are really investigating. They are hoping you give up and they never hear from you again.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its not Canada Post and its the the US Mail service, its when the package gets stuck for no reason at customs coming across the border.

Ive had packages take 7 weeks coming from the states before. You got lucky this time!

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well i am very happy with U.S. Priority Mail, sending Coast to Coast.
A local TV station did a test with the mail when someone claimed Priority was a scam. They sent 200 pieces of mail and packages, 100 first class and 100 Priority. They saw no difference in delivery times. When they trapped a postal person into an interview. He admitted that the priority got no special handling it just moves with the regular mail. It is a con. All they do is say they will guarantee it will be there in three days or they will refund you the extra shipping costs.

All I do now is use first class and track it. I do however use the flat rate priority where you can send any weight for one price. That is a deal. I sold an 8 inch lathe chuck on ebay that weighed over 40 pounds. It was only worth about $100.00 Without the flat rate shipping it would not even be worth listing because of the shipping cost.

Dead Crab

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since 9/11 there have been some changes on mail crossing the border into Canada.

Suggest you try FedEx next time.

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
I bought a golf shirt on ebay from someone in chicago on April 9,he sent it UPS,just got it friday may 1........I think it sits at customs for weeks.
They probably think it contains SARS,MAD COW DISEASE,SWINE FLU......What a joke.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Priority mail service is working just fine for me. :) I have been mailing packages in Cal on saturday and they are being delivered on the east coast on monday. Of course there are no customs involved. I think that is where the delays occur.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have never mailed out so much stuff as when this book came out. The US mail system is pretty damn good. The only package that didn't get there okay was misaddressed (I couldn't read the address and didn't know how to reach the person who sent it). First Class mail is pretty fast across the USA. Priority Mail works great for larger orders (like two to four books). Media Mail is much less expensive but quite a bit slower. Maybe 5-7 days as opposed to three days.

Now when sending a book to Canada (and I sent many up there), you must fill out a separate Customs slip. MOST IMPORTANT is to label it a GIFT! Anything else and it can be delayed an extra week or longer. Calling it a "gift" speeds up the process. First Class mail to Canada still takes a good week to ten days. At least it finally gets there, no problems yet. :wink:

0ne9marine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
as a retired usps employee let me state here that when you mail to a foreign country when the item hits the other countries border it's out of the usps hands and we have no more control over it. you're at the other countries mercy.
when you mail internationally,always go air mail if you can afford it. when you mail surface,once it gets to port it goes into the giant shipping containers. they only get loaded on a ship when it's full. if that takes weeks,your item is sitting on the dock waiting to leave.

WE STILL ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD,REGARDLESS OF MISHAPS.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
as a retired usps employee let me state here that when you mail to a foreign country when the item hits the other countries border it's out of the usps hands and we have no more control over it. you're at the other countries mercy.
when you mail internationally,always go air mail if you can afford it. when you mail surface,once it gets to port it goes into the giant shipping containers. they only get loaded on a ship when it's full. if that takes weeks,your item is sitting on the dock waiting to leave.

WE STILL ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD,REGARDLESS OF MISHAPS.

Can you comment on what I said about priority mail in my other post. Just recently I mailed three packages. Two priority only because they requested it and paid for it and the other just first class. All were tracked and sure enough they all arrived in 2 days. First class get there just as fast with in the U.S.

Here let me fix that for you:

On Saturday, April 25th, I mailed some pool gloves to Canada. The gloves were sent in an envelope with first class postage affixed. The envelope was not received by the customer until today, May 4.

The very same day I also mailed a similar envelope to an address in MA, USA. The envelope was received by the customer in just three days.

I am somewhat perplexed as to why the envelope mailed to Canada took more than twice the time to arrive as the one mailed to MA.

(I do not understand what you are trying to say here: "No Customers thing as it was very light envelope.."Did you mean to say that you do not think the delay was a customs related issue?)

A customer, also client, buyer, purchase, or renter of the paid products or services of an individual businessman or company called the supplier, seller, or vendor. This is typically through purchasing or renting, goods or services.

Customs is a governmental agency in a sovereign nation which is responsible for collecting and safeguarding customs duties. Customs agents are also charged with controlling / regulating the flow of goods including agricultural products, animals, personal effects and hazardous items in and out of a country. Depending on the laws and regulations of a given nation, the import or export of some goods may be prohibited, and the customs agency enforces these laws.

Here is a useful link for you:
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/index.htm

Take a look at the link and see if it can help you. I'm not breaking your stones here but, your posts are often darn near unintelligible.

BTW, if you compose and edit your posts in MS Word you can run a spelling and grammar check when done and then copy / paste the text to the forum.

Fats

0ne9marine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i didn't work in a transit office,i was in the local office. while priority and first class both fly versus by truck,priority should be worked first. i know in our office we busted a.. to get the priority out each day for delivery.

I am deeply honored to report that Mr. Jason Robichaud has awarded me my very first red rep for my response to Coocoo Clown Boy's unintelligible mind droppings. It seems that Mr. Robichaud took offense to my growing weariness with the fact that 98% of Coocoo's contributions to AZ consist of pointless unintelligible garbage.

Well Mr. Robichaud, kudos to you for appointing yourself the defender of Clown Boy's constant stream of trite nonsense. I'm deeply sorry but, unlike you, I don't suffer fools
easily.

Perhaps you would care to chime in on this thread? : http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=141447

Here is a link to an article concerning the importance of proper spelling:
http://www.yafla.com/dennisforbes/Spelling-Matters/Spelling-Matters.html

Fats

Attachments

• itmatters.jpg
    itmatters.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its not Canada Post and its the the US Mail service, its when the package gets stuck for no reason at customs coming across the border.

Ive had packages take 7 weeks coming from the states before. You got lucky this time!

tap tap......
Finally, somebody who knows a bit about international mailing. Customs can be a real pain sometimes.:eek:

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tap tap......
Finally, somebody who knows a bit about international mailing. Customs can be a real pain sometimes.:eek:
The OP said there was no "customers" involved. I am not as familiar with it but does "customs" check every package/envelope?

BVal