How billiard cues are made

jjr183

Jamie Ruff
Silver Member
There is an episode of "How It's Made" where they show how billiard cues are made. It's located at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adUbpn7WZYA. The example they use is the Falcon cues factory and they use CNC techniques. I have never seen the cue making process in action and found it to be very interesting even though I would have preferred to see a non-CNC cue maker.

PS - The link might not last long as its on YouTube and is copyrighted material.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Thats very impressive I have made cues before but all by hand on some inadequate equipment. It takes me a little longer but at least they don't turn out as good;)

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
Good video ...

That was a pretty good video ... I always wondered what they were talking about when they said the cue has CNC work in it .... Thank you for posting that ...rep to you ..

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
mattman said:
Sorry, but not link. It's within an episode of "How's It Made". I saw it on the television, not internet.
okay , I see. I've seen some episodes shared over the internet after being recorded from TV, so hopefully I come across that series.
jjr, rep to you for your effort

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
WesleyW said:
If I'm not wrong, you can also download a videoclip from McDermott http://www.mcdermottcue.com/McDermottFactoryTour.mpg

Thanks for that link. I'm not a specific fan of McDermott, but I sure as hell am a fan of well made factory cues rather than spending a zillion dollars on custom cues that can only IMHO attempt to reinvent a wheel that has already been taken to a very high standard of production.

Watching how a cue like these McDermotts are made and quality controlled will surely end up saving some new buyers thousands of dollars with some piece of mind purchasing of factory cues. I for one don't have a ton of money to spend on one of a kind hand made cues, and after watching this video I'm confident that it would be a hard pressed attempt to out do that quality. Talk is cheap, but that McDermott shop wasn't. :)