Valley rails and side pocket: To fold or not to fold?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Okay King, here’s the pic you requested. Of course it’s going to be more bunched up and have more staples than your “hospital fold”, you have to stretch it more! Now post your backside pic of the no fold method.

Don’t kid yourself, feather strip rails can also be done in the no fold method. Would you like to see a pic of that? Don’t stretch it so much you deform the point.

At the minimum, 20 staples just to do the side pocket on 1 rail, wow!

BrownDawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey King,
I didn't recover these, they were on two tables I recently purchased. The bottom rail is a Penguin brand that came covered from their factory. The top rail was recovered by someone else, probably in Ohio, as you can see it has problems, but probably not something a player would notice.

So you don't like the no-fold method because of the few extra seconds per staple it takes? Just what is it about your "hospital fold" that makes it so superior? Enquiring minds need to know,

You harp on here about hacks and industry standards, well it seems to me if new tables and rails come from the factory's in no-fold style, that is the industry standard.

Attachments

• rail.jpg
    rail.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 262
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 264

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hey King,
I didn't recover these, they were on two tables I recently purchased. The bottom rail is a Penguin brand that came covered from their factory. The top rail was recovered by someone else, probably in Ohio, as you can see it has problems, but probably not something a player would notice.

So you don't like the no-fold method because of the few extra seconds per staple it takes? Just what is it about your "hospital fold" that makes it so superior? Enquiring minds need to know,

You harp on here about hacks and industry standards, well it seems to me if new tables and rails come from the factory's in no-fold style, that is the industry standard.

Tell me something, if YOU want to throw out the industry standard as good enough, then tell me something, why does VALLEY buy rail cloth separate from the bed cloth, which unlike the rail cloth coming off the bed cloth, the rail cloth they use is thinner, and more lightweight and easier to install!! While your at it, ask if VALLEY will install Simonis cloth at the factory level....get ready for an upset to your theory of FACTORY STANDARDS!!!