View Single Post
Old
  (#31)
skins
Likes to draw
skins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond reputeskins has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-05-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ][cee View Post
The old Schon cues (Runde era) have gone up in value. My $350 R12 is easily worth over $1000. This took over 30yrs; so real estate, old cars and stock would have a better ROI if that is what you are looking for.

I like knowing that I've had a lot of enjoyment from every cue I've owned with no loss in value.

Fred
There are a lot of cues that went up in value that were made pre 90's but those cues values have consistently decreased over the last 20 years. The 80's Schön cues have been one of the few cues that have ridden out the up's and downs, even making gains, over the last 20 years. They were never considered a very high dollar cue even though they were very nicely built and a great playing one. Now that they're more readily available they've kind of become the "poor mans" Szamboti imo. Also the many fans of early Schöns, me included, are a big reason they're staying desirable and for now, keeping the prics fairly steady.

That said, their values have peaked and are no longer going up imho.

Design is a fingerprint of the mind....