View Single Post
Old
  (#96)
stockbob55
AzB Bronze Member
stockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond reputestockbob55 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-11-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
BC21, Born2push, and Stock,

Thank you for your replies.

I keep coming back to one almost tangential, but related question that won't go away. Is there a statistical difference between the efficacy of a parallel strike vs. a pivoted strike?
Regardless of traditional shaft or LD shaft, is one angle of attack more likely to produce squirt than the other?

Thank you.
This is not directed at you personally.
Why must there always be a choice between one method or another.
When I learned to play snooker everyone said that parallel was the only way to go.
Normal deflection cues were the norn. Adjust for angle speed and spin, practice.
Then when I moved to USA and played pool people were using pivots for English so I tried that method as well.
I use both in my game today, which one I use will depend on the situation. I have a preference for using parallel English on longer slower shots for example.