View Single Post
Old
  (#99)
born2push
AzB Silver Member
born2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-11-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
I wasn't suggesting that a player had to make a choice. I was asking if one approach was likely to alter the desired outcome more than the other approach. Both you and BC21 seem confident that, given the proper circumstances, outcomes should not be negatively affected using either method. Both of your replies should offer great comfort to those of us who may be, shall we say, a little "set in our ways."

Thank you very much.
I belive it was dr. Dave billiard instructor that noted the approach for applying english on standard vrs ld shafts. The difference is on ld shaft you get less squirt so your aim line is a little different. On longer shots the english tends to have less throw on ob so a parallel shift still works. The simular concept of how much low english you need to stop the cue ball is more on longer shots. When you just pivot it changes your aim line slightly but the squirt brings the cue ball back in line. Of course practice still is required to see how your cue will react.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk