My new Ed Prewitt Set

calboy8686

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked this up from Ed on XMas eve. Sorry for the bad pics but my phone couldn't do much better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 683

calboy8686

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you sir.... They play as good at they look. Ed captured everything I could have wanted in a cue.

Qaddiction

User name says it all...
Silver Member
Nice cues. Ed does really nice work. I would like to add one of his cues to my collection someday.

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Great cues.

Love Ed's plain Jane's. His ringwork is beautiful.

I have two on my "bucket list"

Edit:

How long is the waiting list?

calboy8686

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you..... It's about 4 years right now. He makes very few cues a year and it plays every bit as good as it looks. He really hit it on the mark for me. I wanted quiet elegance with a bit of pizzazz, but geared to play extremely well. The play cue has 5/8 Iv sleeved ferules for lower deflection with his standard taper. Just plays lights out.

calboy8686

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want a PJ from him, I don't think he will agree. I had to really make a good case and and beg him to make it a set. He put up a fight about making a beak cue, but I managed to talk him into it and he agreed. The grain HAD to match though. He's a really nice guy and if he likes you, he may do something extra for you. I would recommend a full splice as a player.

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
If you want a PJ from him, I don't think he will agree. I had to really make a good case and and beg him to make it a set. He put up a fight about making a beak cue, but I managed to talk him into it and he agreed. The grain HAD to match though. He's a really nice guy and if he likes you, he may do something extra for you. I would recommend a full splice as a player.

I wanted to get a full splice new and a PJ on the secondary market so it would work just fine if he doesn't want to build a PJ for me ;)

PM me his email if you can?

ironchef.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful looking set. Looks like the plain cue has a delrin buttcap and the fancier cue has an ivory buttcap? Love the inlays and veneer choices. I'm a sucker for windows in the buttsleeve.

MATTY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This remind me that back in 2005 I would consider the best quality shafts on earth were all picked up by Ed, if any Azer follow Ed's cue from old days they probably know what I am talking about, those are 40+ lines dead straight grain for every shaft come out of Ed's shop even just on plain jain I have no idea where he found them.

Things have changed a bit it might because that all good shaft woods are bought off by factories today I just couldn't let go the good memories still Prewitt is one of the top on my list of collection his craftsmanship is first tier and the playability is solid and very consistent, luck you congrats!!

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
Fantastic set. Ed is a perfectionist and it shows in his work. Really hard to find one on the open market. I've been looking for awhile for a cue that's very similar to this. Blue veneers and fancy rings.

Major congrats,
JimmyK

Last edited:

calboy8686

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful looking set. Looks like the plain cue has a delrin buttcap and the fancier cue has an ivory buttcap? Love the inlays and veneer choices. I'm a sucker for windows in the buttsleeve.

Your right... Ivory buttcap on the player and delrin on the break cue. The veneers where Ed's choice (my fave color is blue) and the inlay material was his choice as well. All I asked him for was a cue that looked "old school" but playes extremely well and that's what I got.