John Shmidt's got action

shankster8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
john schmidt said:
john schmidt said:
i know dannys ready but since we played i dont have a picture above my bed thinking about getting revenge.

since we played ive remodled my house ,got into dirt bikes ,went to tourneys worked on some other projects to make money in short im busy.
now because all hes thought about is me as he lives on his friends couch 4 feet from pooltable with no house,live in girlfriend, dog or hobbies ,golf dirt bike , remodeling etc and plays ten times more aweek than i do .
im ducking him if i dont jump when he wants to play.
frankly i dont care about what he wants and secretly i take pleasure out of making him wait.
if we play or not ive got a life ,im not sure he can say the same.
if i am going to go through the b.s. of preparing for a match i can play a guy like kirkwood or bartrum who will be a perfect gentleman win or lose.

Well, I think this about says it all. Forget it, Danny.

rack'em zach'em

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John

john schmidt said:
john schmidt said:
i know dannys ready but since we played i dont have a picture above my bed thinking about getting revenge.

since we played ive remodled my house ,got into dirt bikes ,went to tourneys worked on some other projects to make money in short im busy.
now because all hes thought about is me as he lives on his friends couch 4 feet from pooltable with no house,live in girlfriend, dog or hobbies ,golf dirt bike , remodeling etc and plays ten times more aweek than i do .
im ducking him if i dont jump when he wants to play.
frankly i dont care about what he wants and secretly i take pleasure out of making him wait.
if we play or not ive got a life ,im not sure he can say the same.
if i am going to go through the b.s. of preparing for a match i can play a guy like kirkwood or bartrum who will be a perfect gentleman win or lose.

Everyone in this forum has a life so I do understand where you are coming from. However everyone doesn't have the luxury of having the life you do. It's like when you played CJ here in Dallas and smeared him all over the pool table; of course CJ probably wanted a rematch but heck I've never seen him post up his own cash for anything...I mean come on 10 ahead in 42 minutes? Do you need the nuts to match up every time?

Every player is different, and yes you've won several major events in the past and accomplished things some of us only dream about. However, when you've lost to someone in the past no matter how close it was didn't it leave you with that hunger inside?

Danny is one of those players win or lose it's not enough. He wants to get to that next level. Danny used to disappear when I lived in Springfield for a couple of months at a time. He would close himself off from everyone to work on every aspect of his game.

I personally respect both of you as players. However, in this matter there is a score that needs to be settled. It's 1-1. Finish what both of you started.

Personally I hope Danny wins...

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
john schmidt said:
honestly i would rather check rosanne barr for ticks in a phone booth on a hot summer day than deal with him ever.

Ok now that's funny as well as being a horrifying visual.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
shankster8 said:
Am I misreading things, or is Danny ready to play. Why is it that these promoters, in their wisdon, are now attempting to steer this match three months out into February 2009. Looks like, with this kind of help, it's tough to get a timely matchup, nowadays. Go back to sleep, Danny.
In all of your wisdom please tell me why it makes sense to have a match like this on short notice if their is an option to properly promote it and let people know about it?

If Danny and John want to go play this thing in the corner with nobody watching, no camera's, no dvd revenue and no expenses paid then they will. And maybe if we are lucky some one will write a 3 sentence summary of it here.

shankster8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JCIN said:
In all of your wisdom please tell me why it makes sense to have a match like this on short notice if their is an option to properly promote it and let people know about it?

If Danny and John want to go play this thing in the corner with nobody watching, no camera's, no dvd revenue and no expenses paid then they will. And maybe if we are lucky some one will write a 3 sentence summary of it here.

JCIN, no offense intended! In answer to your question. I just interpreted that Danny was ready to play, and I remember it wasn't long ago that Schmidt was on line telling everyone he had a backer for $10,000 and challenging anyone. jSo I assumed they were both eager to go.

In this thread I saw Janice and Fatboy neither of whom are playing, and neither one who are promoting, start pushing the date for this match out to February 09. I didn't understand that - seems like the players should play when they are ready, and the railbirds should gather at the appropriate time - not try to decide the time themselves.

You imply that I'm encouraging this match to occur on short notice, without opportunity for people to know about it. I suggest that if it were scheduled for two weeks from now, that everyone would know who cared to, and that those who cared to see it first hand would be there. So I guess what you're saying is that you need three months to set up your camera and film it? You're the one who will make the DVD's, and sell them I presume. So the match will be immortalized, and hopefully it will be worth the time you invest.

fSo, let's try this again, if the players wanted to play now (which Schmidt doesn't apparently), you'd be encouraging them to wait because why?

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

shankster8 said:
JCIN, no offense intended! In answer to your question. I just interpreted that Danny was ready to play, and I remember it wasn't long ago that Schmidt was on line telling everyone he had a backer for $10,000 and challenging anyone. jSo I assumed they were both eager to go.

In this thread I saw Janice and Fatboy neither of whom are playing, and neither one who are promoting, start pushing the date for this match out to February 09. I didn't understand that - seems like the players should play when they are ready, and the railbirds should gather at the appropriate time - not try to decide the time themselves.

You imply that I'm encouraging this match to occur on short notice, without opportunity for people to know about it. I suggest that if it were scheduled for two weeks from now, that everyone would know who cared to, and that those who cared to see it first hand would be there. So I guess what you're saying is that you need three months to set up your camera and film it? You're the one who will make the DVD's, and sell them I presume. So the match will be immortalized, and hopefully it will be worth the time you invest.

fSo, let's try this again, if the players wanted to play now (which Schmidt doesn't apparently), you'd be encouraging them to wait because why?
let me be clear .
even as busy as i am outside of pool i will still play anybody on this earth if someones staking it and i dont have to travel to far.
i just dont want to deal with harriman.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
shankster8 said:

Because we have other things going on for one. If they said "Hey we are playing next week." then it would make no sense for us to film it. We are already doing two pay per views in December and have a 6 month backlog of DVD's to finish. If these guys want to go play right away then more power to them, no hard feelings here and I wish them luck.

One of the reasons we are six months behind on getting DVD's out is because we keep coming up with new events one after the other. A good problem to have for sure but at some point you just have to step back and try to figure out what makes sense overall.

We have a proven track record with these guys. They know we will do what we say and that the money is real. We will do all we can to make them happy but it makes no sense to just shoot straight up in the air.

Besides I think you are missing a big part of the equation here. John does not sound like he is buying plane tickets right now. To make it sound like we control everything about these matches is just not true. All we can do is try and work with the players and backers so it makes sense for everyone.

shankster8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right on, JCIN! Just to show how much I know, I assumed Schmidt was in the area since he said he's working on his house and all. I assumed he still lived in the Victorville area, and didn't need to buy plane tickets, travel etc etc. I saw things as easier than they apparently are.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Key words here are "I just don't want to deal with Harriman" I wonder if any of that pertains with competing against my game on the table. This in my opinion is vintage John Shmidt. If he does not want to play then maybe he can explain why he wanted to argue about the jump cues hill hill in the One Pocket. I am sure there is more to the story and there is your answer - right Johnny boy? Well I'm also sure there is more to the story when he says he would rather not deal with me and that he is busy ( like for instance I am capable of winning.)
I may be trying for buildup here so hat I am guaranteed an appearence fee as I should be to fly to California or wherever, I'll play in Alaska if it's a 9ft Diamond. I feel the same way as John in a way, there should be some $ in this for me if I have to go and deal with him and his antics. I am not one to make excuses for losing I would however like a shot at a rematch and if I lose I will probably play again or vice versa.
Sincerely, The Springfield Rifle

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny Harriman said:
Key words here are "I just don't want to deal with Harriman" I wonder if any of that pertains with competing against my game on the table. This in my opinion is vintage John Shmidt. If he does not want to play then maybe he can explain why he wanted to argue about the jump cues hill hill in the One Pocket. I am sure there is more to the story and there is your answer - right Johnny boy? Well I'm also sure there is more to the story when he says he would rather not deal with me and that he is busy ( like for instance I am capable of winning.)
I may be trying for buildup here so hat I am guaranteed an appearence fee as I should be to fly to California or wherever, I'll play in Alaska if it's a 9ft Diamond. I feel the same way as John in a way, there should be some $ in this for me if I have to go and deal with him and his antics. I am not one to make excuses for losing I would however like a shot at a rematch and if I lose I will probably play again or vice versa.
fair enough .
i know you want to play and ill keep it in mind.
ill have my people call your people and maybe we can do lunch and talk about it.lol
i would be a fool if i thought you could not win.
point is i already know we are a even game. so i have nothing to prove.
its just all the extra problems .
like i said if you beat me that sucks and if i beat you you will bash me.
i cant win either way.
i figure to just ignore you would piss you off more than beating you.
in short your not going to make me do anything .
you started all this b.s. with that phone call and you know it.

so basically you do not exist in my mind and if i do play you it will be because im severely bored or my dirt bike has broken down.anyway take care and try not to get tennis elbow from throwing darts at my picture above your bed lol

shankster8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny Harriman said:

I am curious, did TAR record Schmidt's arguing about jump cues hill hill in the one pocket. I know neither of these gentlemen; I ask because Harriman seems quite civilized in his posts here. Why specifically would John not want anything to do with him - that seems a very impuning statement.

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
I have been reading ALL the posts from the beginning and I have to say,I would'nt care how much money was involved or whether I knew I could crush that person.
I would'nt give Danny the time of day.Don't stoop down to his level,John, you have more class than that.

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
john schmidt said:
thats a great idea.
thing is when we played first time i barely lost and never said a word internet or otherwise.
second time before and after we play there was so much b.s. from him in interviews and on here it was a joke.

honestly i would rather check rosanne barr for ticks in a phone booth on a hot summer day than deal with him ever.

but knowing everybody wants to see us play is making think real hard about it.

What are you scared of?

Ill take Danny for $100 and as soon as TAR wants payment, IM IN!

Thanks to John and Danny! :thumbup:

Ken

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Right back at ya: Peanut butter leggs

jimmy-leggs said:
I have been reading ALL the posts from the beginning and I have to say,I would'nt care how much money was involved or whether I knew I could crush that person.
I would'nt give Danny the time of day.Don't stoop down to his level,John, you more have more class than that.

Congratulations U get the nittiest nockin poster ever award, I used to watch guys like u when I was on the road jiffy-leggs, u would run from pool room to room when there was a player in town that you knew was capable of winning some dough. You would explain to someone u did'nt even know how you watched this guy before and blagh blahh blog.
That kinda boogy is what makes people like yourself dance, just keep playin' in your local bar league and be the hero of your bar I'm sure your pool game is as good as your english grammer.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
shankster8 said:
I am curious, did TAR record Schmidt's arguing about jump cues hill hill in the one pocket. I know neither of these gentlemen; I ask because Harriman seems quite civilized in his posts here. Why specifically would John not want anything to do with him - that seems a very impuning statement.

It is on the DVDs for the one pocket of the 2nd challenge between them and it was not hill-hill when the argument too place. It was something like 8-7 or 9-8. I was sitting about six feet from the foot of the table when it all went down:D :D Great match to watch for any one pocket fan, I highly recommend the one pocket of both Schmidt/Harriman challenge matches. Very good aggressive one pocket by both of them:thumbup: :thumbup:

-don

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
Damn... this thing is going south FAST! I love a little woofing as much as the next guy, but this is starting to take on a different tone. I really hope they play BECAUSE they match up so well.... It's not fun at all if you know who's gonna win before the lag.... (depends on your bet) but it sounds like there is more to this than meets the eye. I have always been under the impression that these guys (if not "friends") had mutual respect for the game they play. From what I've read here, regardless of the past, it sounds like Danny has offered a challenge and John has basically said F##K YOU! (to paraphrase) come on John.... "if you're bored or your dirt bike is broken"???? I thought this was about matching up two champions... old school "all around style" "may be the straighest shooter win" what's with all the posturing? I love to watch both of you play and would gladly pay to see it again.

Cant we awl jus get alooong?

rack'em zach'em

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dirt Bike?

john schmidt said:
fair enough .
i know you want to play and ill keep it in mind.
ill have my people call your people and maybe we can do lunch and talk about it.lol
i would be a fool if i thought you could not win.
point is i already know we are a even game. so i have nothing to prove.
its just all the extra problems .
like i said if you beat me that sucks and if i beat you you will bash me.
i cant win either way.
i figure to just ignore you would piss you off more than beating you.
in short your not going to make me do anything .
you started all this b.s. with that phone call and you know it.

so basically you do not exist in my mind and if i do play you it will be because im severely bored or my dirt bike has broken down.anyway take care and try not to get tennis elbow from throwing darts at my picture above your bed lol

Are you kidding me? Maybe someone should just take two weeks off and then quit? And people wonder why it's so hard to find a game these days? Pool is struggling in most parts of the country right now and and seeing crap like this doesn't help...What happend to the days when you lived for that next match up?? Good God both of yall should look at what your saying...HE said this she said that...Screw it...You're professionals move past it and play the game for what it is...

I have a better Idea...Why don't you guys give TAR 6 months to sell the DVDs and stuff...If you guys play now the second DVD would be worthless...But If you play in 6 months...they can make a triology DVD set...

Another things is...why don't you guys make the bet more interesting? Stop betting with other peoples money..Play for your own...Heck bet a dollar I don't care...

YOU GUYS ARE BOTH PROFESSIONALS START ACTING LIKE IT....I UNDERSTAND WHEN SOMEONE DOESN'T HAVE THEIR OWN MONEY, BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT THEN DON'T PLAY...

John just one question..Did you really put an OB1 ferrel on a Predator shaft? Just curious? If so how does it play?

Thanks,

Rack'em