My "NEW" Jacoby

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
just thought I'd show her off a bit...

:thumbup:

LOVE THE BRIGHT VENEERS - from inside to out off the ebony points - yellow, red, green, and black.

tell me what you think??

Jacoby cue (smaller).JPG

Jacoby butt.JPG

Jacoby forearm.JPG

jacoby signature.JPG

Jacoby spear & veneers.JPG

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Sure, it's no $2K "custom" cue, but I thought it was a little different looking, and HAD to have it. The maple inlays in the ebony butt and points are some REALLY nice looking curly. The green is malachite (in the spears and circle in the "stars"). The forearm is GREAT looking bidseye. There isn't a Jacoby dealer near me, so I haven't seen many....VERY impressed with the quality, and the hit is nice too!! It's dated 9-06, but I picked it up yesterday new and unhit. :)

Last edited:

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
I love my Jacoby cue. You've picked a winner for sure. The veneers really jump out on your cue. Enjoy it.

Last edited:

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Drawman623 said:
I love my Jacoby cue. You've picked a winner for sure. The veneers really jump out on your cue. Enjoy it.

Thanks drawman...very impressed with it. I was down to this or a Pechauer, and this one won out (pretty much on those veneers). :thumbup:

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
Looks nice. I really like my Jacoby too.

Not really sure why these cues dont draw too much attention here though.

oldneo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They don't draw attention

fsarfino said:
Looks nice. I really like my Jacoby too.

Not really sure why these cues dont draw too much attention here though.

because like the gentleman said it's not a $2000 cue but let someone show a black Boar or a Gina cue hell any cue costing $5000 to $30.000 and watch how many people come out of the woodwork to post about how beautiful it is, even when the cue has a shit load of flaws like the last Zinzola, and Cantando. It's like driving a ferrari with a shitty paint job it's still a ferrari and I guess that's how the collectors see it, and the sad part with all the flaws they still bring in high dollar money.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
oldneo said:
because like the gentleman said it's not a $2000 cue but let someone show a black Boar or a Gina cue hell any cue costing $5000 to $30.000 and watch how many people come out of the woodwork to post about how beautiful it is, even when the cue has a shit load of flaws like the last Zinzola, and Cantando. It's like driving a ferrari with a shitty paint job it's still a ferrari and I guess that's how the collectors see it, and the sad part with all the flaws they still bring in high dollar money.

wow, did you just read my post in the main forum about expensive cues?? I also used a Ferarri as an example...

I wouldn't tear down anyone's cue though. If it was $1M or $10 and didn't look good to me....they saw something in it, and that's what matters. And if they bought a cue as an investment, it's only worth what they can get out of it.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
BUMP to see if there are any other comments :)

played well again with it last night, hoping the "honeymoon" phase doesn't wear off....

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
My thoughts

I have always thought Jacoby made a very nice cue at a very fair price.

I hope they continue to do well in the cue making business.

Thanks

Kevin

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
jacobycues said:
Happy to hear you are enjoying it!!! :D

Thanks for responding so quickly to my inquiries. I'll be sure to be in contact for anything else I may need. I've already been out quite a bit with it, and have showed it off to a buncha buddies :p :thumbup: Lotsa compliments, and questions about Jacoby. I've referred them to your website.

BTW, for those on the forum...I visited the Jacoby booth at the DCC, and the folks who work for them are 100% class, and very helpful. I pondered over a couple of cues they had with them and didn't pull the trigger. When I did find one that I had to have (semi-locally), I bought it, and emailed a few questions about the cue thru the site ( www.jacobycue.com )...and Paul was again, very helpful, and quick to respond. I was so impressed with them at the DCC, I had to try one, and my decision wasn't only confirmed by finding a cue I really like, but by the folks who stand behind their product, and care about their customers.

Can't thank you guys enough; MAJOR props to you all at Jacoby (and a green rep, since thiat's the best I can do on here :D )

cuejunky

Pool Player
Silver Member
I have a Jacoby, looks great and plays great. Good craftsmanship with no discernable flaws. Has one of the smoothest shafts I've played with (no snide remarks please). Well worth the $$. The points are not sharp, as they were obviously done with CNC but, I still enjoy the cue.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Jacoby makes great cues...and yours is gorgeous. Never apologize for it...

P.S: Ferrari and Porsche ownership is overrated.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
pwd72s said:
Jacoby makes great cues...and yours is gorgeous. Never apologize for it...

P.S: Ferrari and Porsche ownership is overrated.

Oh, I don't think owning a Ferrari would be overrated, but I wouldn't drive it to work everday either :p The only apologies I think might need to be given are to Jacoby and myself for not trying one sooner. This thread wasn't meant to gloat, nor would I put down anyone else's cue. Just like the cue, and passing along my thoughts on it. In my area you see a buncha Schons, McDermotts, a few Meuccis, a few Vikings, some Joss, and a Pechauer here and there (and customs too)....I thought maybe this was the case in other areas as well, so I thought I'd put Jacoby's name (and a couple of pics of mine) out there, and see what folks thought. If it'll let someone else find a cue they may not have thought of otherwise, GREAT. I like mine, someone else might like one too. :thumbup: I'm one who believes that it matters what I think about something I buy, and if someone else likes it too, I'm more than happy to share my opinions on it ;)

IA8baller

Family man.
Silver Member
I got a new Jacoby at the ISPA and figured this was the best place to show her off. I saw this cue on the Jacoby website and I was instantly attracted to it and when I saw it at the Jacoby booth at the ISPA I just HAD to have it! I traded in my Jacoby D6 model and got this one. This one is 1 of 2 made. Hope y'all like her, I sure do.

jacobycue.jpg

jacobyforearm.jpg

jacobybutt.jpg