Another tournament win..!!

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Pretty soon the data should be conclusive as to whether or not CTE makes players better or not. I know this hurts feelings for some reason but it should be a legitimate topic of discussion.

Of the pros who are using this method, have any of them gotten demonstrably better?

Moore, Shuff, Krah, Shuffet, Styer, and others.

Have any of them gotten better? Styer seems to be improving.

:thumbup2:

"...but it should be a legitimate topic of discussion."

"I" hear you.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spidey said:
"Do you honestly think a pro player would continue to use something if it made them worse?"

I didn't say anything about them getting worse, which I'm sure you noticed.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Spidey said:
"Do you honestly think a pro player would continue to use something if it made them worse?"

I didn't say anything about them getting worse, which I'm sure you noticed.

Of course I noticed. I phrased the question as food for thought. Let me ask again a little differently

Do you honestly think a pro player would continue to use something if HE THOUGHT
it was making him worse?

Would YOU use something if you thought it was making you worse?

What I didn't say is would you use something if you "thought" it was GOING to make you worse before even trying. There's a lot of that thinking going on especially by all knowing forum participants.

Last edited:

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fair enough but that skates right past the question I raised. It really doesn't matter if I, you, or anybody believes that pros would or wouldn't try things that could make them worse. It really doesn't even matter what THEY think. If you take Earl as the extreme example, he's someone that would try just about anything to get an edge. Do any of these things make him worse or better? The proof is in the results. Most players - pros and amateurs, are like this to a lesser degree. We all try things. Sometimes we think they make us better and then we lose to the same players by the same score line.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Fair enough but that skates right past the question I raised. It really doesn't matter if I, you, or anybody believes that pros would or wouldn't try things that could make them worse. It really doesn't even matter what THEY think. If you take Earl as the extreme example, he's someone that would try just about anything to get an edge. Do any of these things make him worse or better? The proof is in the results. Most players - pros and amateurs, are like this to a lesser degree. We all try things. Sometimes we think they make us better and then we lose to the same players by the same score line.

Of the pros who are using this method, have any of them gotten demonstrably better?
Moore, Shuff, Krah, Shuffet, Styer, and others.
Have any of them gotten better? Styer seems to be improving.
Styer "SEEMS" to be improving? How much further does a player have to go than getting chosen to the MOSCONI CUP and having an excellent tournament performance at the age of 23? How many pro players EVER get chosen for the CUP during their entire career? He has credited CTE as a major positive influence in the success of his game. Is he a liar?

KRAH? He just knocked off a tournament and can't wait to get back to Kentucky with Stan to reinforce and internalize it further. Didn't you read what he had to say himself? Is he a liar.

Shuff? He put out a short video praising what CTE has done for him. Is he a liar?

Moore? I don't know what he's been doing. I do know he's all in with the system and has been for YEARS. Is he a liar?

SHUFFETT? Who are you talking about, Stan or Landon? Stan is too busy on his book and Truth video series to play tournaments. Landon won the Kentucky State Championship earlier this year against a tough stellar field. Landon's priorities have pool lower down the line than other things. He's graduated from college, employed, married, and I don't know what else but Landon has ALWAYS had his head on straight.

I could be wrong and if I am let me apologize up front. But if my memory serves me correctly, you've never been a big fan of CTE, user, or proponent.

I'm under the impression these few posts you made have the scent of some back door jabs.

Take no offense it they aren't. Just sayin' like you're sayin'. No law against just sayin'.

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imagine how cluttered the forum would be if a new thread were started to commemorate all the tournaments won by pros who use some aiming system other than CTE.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To Spidey, I might be off 1 or 2 years, but I believe Matt was already an A player in about 2001. So he would have been better than you 15 years ago :p

As far as his pocketing ability diminishing due to age, he is not of that age yet. He is I believe about 35 years old. When I met him he was maybe 14, and already everyone knew he was going to be a very good player. So like almost every other player under the sun, he improved rapidly those first 2 to 5 years, and then leveled off. I probably saw him once or twice a week for 5 years straight as we all went to the same tournaments in Delaware and Philly around 2000 to 2005.

My first post was a slight exaggeration that he plays the same now as when he was 14. To be more accurate, it should say "He plays almost the same now, as compared to the end of his initial ramp up to plateau speed, which occurred around 20 years of age".

I believe he learned Pro One about 5 years ago. Again I might be off a year or two. He has thanked Stan in every single FB post he has made when posting his tourney results. This one that was pasted in this thread by the OP was not anything special. Matt does that "every tournament", as he should, to give recognition to his sponsors and his coaches. Matt is a class act, for sure.

But the point of this whole debate, is has any of that made him a better player. I know when someone asks Matt, he does say he pockets the balls better and plays better as a result of Pro1. And maybe he believes that. But what I am saying, is his pecking order in both the national, and local Philly scene, has not changed in 15 years. So do you believe a player's own words, or do you believe results?

As I said before, you can look up his tournament results for national level. For local Philly level, you MUST carefully inspect the player's list. Because 15 years ago there was 15 guys every single week Matt's speed or better playing, and full fields of 64. Today, he is one of 3 or 4 guys that speed.

Now even with Fargorate, you can potentially dive down even deeper to improvement or non-improvement over time.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a post I had saved in my bookmarks of Fargoratings in 2015. Matt was a 687.

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 3.27.43 PM.jpg

And I just looked up his rating, today, June 17 2019, and it is 677.

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 3.28.59 PM.png

Infer from this what you want.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Imagine how cluttered the forum would be if a new thread were started to commemorate all the tournaments won by pros who use some aiming system other than CTE.

Why not...seems like a damn good idea. You're in charge of doing it.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a post I had saved in my bookmarks of Fargoratings in 2015. Matt was a 687.

And I just looked up his rating, today, June 17 2019, and it is 677.

Infer from this what you want.

LOL. I bet nobody here expected someone to come along and produce such perfectly timed and detailed data! How dare you!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
To Spidey, I might be off 1 or 2 years, but I believe Matt was already an A player in about 2001. So he would have been better than you 15 years ago :p

He wouldn't be the first one.

As far as his pocketing ability diminishing due to age, he is not of that age yet. He is I believe about 35 years old. When I met him he was maybe 14, and already everyone knew he was going to be a very good player. So like almost every other player under the sun, he improved rapidly those first 2 to 5 years, and then leveled off. I probably saw him once or twice a week for 5 years straight as we all went to the same tournaments in Delaware and Philly around 2000 to 2005.

I think he might be of that age. Lets face it, most of the top guns worldwide are youngsters so to speak. Their eyes are sharp, their reflexes and stamina are better, greater focus, more apt to practice longer because it's all encompassing. After a certain age which can be different from one person to another as far as desire and priorities, other things in life missed out on because of pool become more important and time consuming. I know years ago both Corey Deuel and Johnny Archer got hooked on golf and things started going south. Earl did also.

My first post was a slight exaggeration that he plays the same now as when he was 14. To be more accurate, it should say "He plays almost the same now, as compared to the end of his initial ramp up to plateau speed, which occurred around 20 years of age".

See above.

I believe he learned Pro One about 5 years ago. Again I might be off a year or two. He has thanked Stan in every single FB post he has made when posting his tourney results. This one that was pasted in this thread by the OP was not anything special. Matt does that "every tournament", as he should, to give recognition to his sponsors and his coaches. Matt is a class act, for sure.

Glad to hear it. I guess social media being bigger than ever brought this one out to the forefront.

But the point of this whole debate, is has any of that made him a better player. I know when someone asks Matt, he does say he pockets the balls better and plays better as a result of Pro1. And maybe he believes that.

I take it you don't.

But what I am saying, is his pecking order in both the national, and local Philly scene, has not changed in 15 years. So do you believe a player's own words, or do you believe results?

If he was a boxer and his words were he's just as sharp as ever, but was going for naps in the middle of the ring during fights I'd be looking at results.

So tell me, what should he be changing in his aiming process? Go to contact point aiming? Pure multiple fractions? Ghost ball and patch? Why are YOU focusing so much on his choice of aiming? It's his life and choice.

As I said before, you can look up his tournament results for national level. For local Philly level, you MUST carefully inspect the player's list. Because 15 years ago there was 15 guys every single week Matt's speed or better playing, and full fields of 64. Today, he is one of 3 or 4 guys that speed.

Now even with Fargorate, you can potentially dive down even deeper to improvement or non-improvement over time.

Screw Fargorate and all the stats. I watched the US Open golf tournament yesterday just like millions of people across the world and Gary Woodland was so far down the list in certain stats that his chance of even making the 36 hole cut was slim to none. He WON.

Tell Matt to use some other aiming system and get another instructor. He can tell you himself what he thinks about the idea. I can't speak for him nor do I think you can.

Last edited:

Imac007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Help is coming

In fairness we now have to acknowledge and congratulate all those winners who won without using CTE.

In science we look at what works and to what degree. The data suggests that non-CTE players win more often than those who use CTE. Since proponents of CTE appear to be addicted, a support group is to be established. The recovery process is designed to get them back on the statistically winning side.

I understand that there will be a video and a book shortly explaining the steps. The exact number of steps will be explained in the book and for non-readers the videos will come without subtitles. You’ll have to figure out what the instructions really meant.

The program will eliminate the many sweeping changes often causing the confusion.

And congrats to all you straight shooters out there.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I don't think coming in contact with EBOLA would be enough to slow down or put a stop to the anti-CTE old time whack jobs.

Now you also have the newbie attention seekers trying to get their name in the lights.
They just come out of the woodwork.

Glad to see five of the six all time greatest deviants making their presence felt with worthless posts today. Keep up the never ending good work.

EDIT: All 6 (SIX) have now made their unwanted presence felt. (I was starting to get worried)

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about CTE players that have beaten Earl Strickland. Yes Matt is on that list, along with Landon.