2005 World Professional Snooker Championships

Buckster_uk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, they have kicked off today, Ronnie O'Sullivan has been playing Stephen Maguire in his first round, Ronnie is up 5-4 taking this lead into their final session. This is no easy first rounder for Ronnie as although Stephen is 24th in the current rankings, he is provisionally ranked number 3 in the World!

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be refreshing to see Snooker on ESPN! We are really missing out... Snooker is great to play on the 6x12 table and is great to watch the best play the game, they pocket balls like Strickland on a 4x9 !

Buckster_uk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An amazing match is coming to a conclusion right now, currently Ronnie O'Sullivan is 9-8 down to Stephen Maguire, Stephen missing match ball in the previous frame! Ronnie is looking good to take it into a final deciding frame.

This has been one of the best first round matches in recent years, as generally the seeded players play the qualifiers, but Stephen has made amazing strides this year, and is currently a provisional World Number 3, just showing that this match is huge!!

Ronnie takes the frame, it is 9-9!!!

Buckster_uk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stephen makes the first mistake which lets Ronnie in, the reds are spread out nicely but the black and blue are tied up, he is currently on a break of 12.

Buckster_uk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The break is up to 50, it looks like curtains for Stephen, 4/5 more balls for Ronnie to win an absolutely astonishing match!

Buckster_uk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie O'Sullivan wins from 9-7 down to take the match 10-9, one of the greatest first round matches ever!

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buckster_uk said:
Ronnie O'Sullivan wins from 9-7 down to take the match 10-9, one of the greatest first round matches ever!

Go Ronnie! Thanks for the play by play Buckster.
I'm also getting updates from the BBC site.
It's killing me to not be able to see it! I wish
there was some kind of cable package here that would
enable me to see snooker...I would pay anything they
want!

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bobby said:
Go Ronnie! Thanks for the play by play Buckster.
I'm also getting updates from the BBC site.
It's killing me to not be able to see it! I wish
there was some kind of cable package here that would
enable me to see snooker...I would pay anything they
want!

Same here, I don't remember the last time I saw snooker on TV here in Canada :(

Buckster_uk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A quick update on Steve Davis's match:-

He won 10-9 against Irishman Gerard Greene, Steve managed to battle into the late hours of Sunday (a characteristic of him!) and eventually took the match.

lewdo26

Registered User will do
Silver Member
Buckster_uk said:
A quick update on Steve Davis's match:-

He won 10-9 against Irishman Gerard Greene, Steve managed to battle into the late hours of Sunday (a characteristic of him!) and eventually took the match.
Buckster, has Paul Hunter played yet? Keep us poor ESPN bastards informed! Anywhere you can gamble on the matches, by the way? Thanks.

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lewdo26 said:
Buckster, has Paul Hunter played yet? Keep us poor ESPN bastards informed! Anywhere you can gamble on the matches, by the way? Thanks.

Paul Hunter lost to Michael Holt 10-8.

Buckster_uk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark Williams just this minute has made a maximum 147 break to take his match 10-1 and to also win £147,000 for the break (around $300,000), well done Mark!

hobokenapa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazing

Fantastic achievement. Apparently it is his first 147 in competition. Not a bad little earner either. Three hundred thousand dollars for nine minutes work!

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buckster_uk said:
Mark Williams just this minute has made a maximum 147 break to take his match 10-1 and to also win £147,000 for the break (around $300,000), well done Mark!

Also doesn't he get a 10 or 20 thousand dollar
prize added on to the 147,000 for the high break
of the event. I remember the last time Ronnie
did it in 2003 he got something like 161,000.

That's cool that Williams got the 147, he's usually
not the type to go for a 147. He's also the first
Welshman to do it at the crucible.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Buckster_uk said:

So I guess we can assume Mark won't retrun home by British Rail.