Who carries their Justis daily?

Standbykid

Results or excuses?
Silver Member
Hey Az'ers,
I was fortunate enough to win a Justis Pro-lite 2x4 in a raffle by Mr. Justis in Vegas. I want to carry it, but I'm a little concerned about damage, hijacking, etc. So, I was just wondering who carries theirs as an everyday case and who uses theirs for primarily for storing cues at home? On the one hand, there's no point in having it, if I don't use it. On the other, it's so nice, I don't want anything to happen to it. Any insight would be appreciated.

George Fels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't really speak to your fear of hijacking...

,,,but as far as protecting your cue, a Justis case is the next best thing to making it bulletproof. GF

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Depends...when I'm going to my favorite hall, I carry my Justis case, the Josey cue.

When I'm going to play in a local dive, I pack a 1X1 Porper case & a plain Jane McDermott I picked up in a local pawn shop for $100...

It's all about personal comfort level, I guess...

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 4 buddies that have his case and they all use them like any other case. I know if I had a Justis I would be using it 24/7. I wouldn't want such a good case go to no use. Plus I would want to show it off hehe :D

Last edited:

guycrunch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have a justis 3x6 that is my daily player case. these cases are virtually indestructable and jack will tell you that kiwi paste shoe polish in the correct color is the best way of keeping them looking good. congrats on you win and use the case.

guy

stormshadow1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly

The case was built to safely transport your cues to and from the poolhall. Promptly do so without another thought.:wink:
That is such a awesome case you have to use it!It was made to last forever.Just be careful with it.:D

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
One thought - I'm sure Jack didn't put TLC into making your case so it could sit in the closet. It must gladden his heart to see them out and about.

Another thought - If you bought it as a collector's item which you think will one day increase in value, then leave it in the closet. But if you bought it to use, it's a shame not to. Take out the pretty girls too - don't make them sit at home alone while the plain janes have all the fun.;)

I use my Justis.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Hey Az'ers,
I was fortunate enough to win a Justis Pro-lite 2x4 in a raffle by Mr. Justis in Vegas. I want to carry it, but I'm a little concerned about damage, hijacking, etc. So, I was just wondering who carries theirs as an everyday case and who uses theirs for primarily for storing cues at home? On the one hand, there's no point in having it, if I don't use it. On the other, it's so nice, I don't want anything to happen to it. Any insight would be appreciated.
If you take it out something will eventually happen to it. Scratches, bumps, bruises, scrapes, etc. But who cares? You have it, so use it. It just a cue case...

As for me, I have been using mine for years. It is no longer in pristine condition, but it still looks fine. It has fulfilled its potential and taken the damage my cues would have. I have no regrets about using it every day.

-td

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I do pretty much. At this point in my life, I don't have much reason to not carry my cues in a Justis Case.

Fred

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
I have a 3x6 pro-lite that I bought about a year or so ago. I've never thought about *NOT* taking it with me other than the times that I just don't feel like carrying such a heavy case around. As for it getting scratched etc... well, for me, I've never admired any cases more than the old beat up leather cases from years past that some of these old guys carry around. The scratches etc... give it character. With that said, I take good care of my things and even though I've been using this case exclusively for more than a year there are hardly any marks on it. I mean c'mon, I go from my front door to my car then from my car to the pool hall. I put my cues together and my case just sits there. How is it really going to get damaged? If I had to take it on a flight and check it through I probably wouldn't.
MULLY

sweatinNbettin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use mine everytime I go to the pool room. I have two of them. Many cues have come and gone but my Justis cases are still there.

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Pro lite about a year ago, carried it for several months, found I spent more time keeping an eye on my case then I did playing pool. I decided to sell it and bought a older case that no one would want. I never took my eye off that case when I was in the pool hall. Tom

mr8ball

I Carry mine all the time also. I would love to have another one Maybe soon. They are the best out IMO. I keep my eye on mine always but i also like to show it off. I was in Vegas also and took a few chances on his cases. One guy won 2 of them!! I had 30 bucks in the raffle. Man how lucky can you be

Attachments

• DSC_0041rs.jpg
    DSC_0041rs.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 206

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I use mine. I like them with some battle scars and character. One of my all time favorites is Thecoats Justis. It is probably 15 years old and the leather is like butter. They are well made tools designed to be used IMO.

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
I've got my name stenciled on the front of mine so it's kind of useless for someone to steal it. Then again, I'm in Japan and those kinds of crimes are far and few between. I swear to God, I get to the pool room and I lean my case up against the counter in front of the register. There are times when I don't shoot pool at all but I'm over in another part of the room playing games or what have you and my case sits there for hours with no one watching it. I honestly have no fear that it will be taken.
MULLY