best all around player ever

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl has won more big events than Mike Eric, and when Mike won the US Open's he won there was only about 16 to 24 players. I know that is right cause I heard Earl tell Mike that to his face. LOL--Leonard

But Efren is the Man

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Earl has won more big events than Mike Eric, and when Mike won the US Open's he won there was only about 16 to 24 players. I know that is right cause I heard Earl tell Mike that to his face. LOL--Leonard

But Efren is the Man

yes but earl really just played 1 game like a champ.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Gotta be Efren. He plays top Amateur 3C speed, think about that. One pocket, debatable best ever. 9-Ball somehow wins with a below average break. 10-Ball wins with a below average break. Probably the best 8-Ball player I've ever seen and no one plays that game, don't make me youtube that kill shot he does on a thin cut to win an IPT event. Who knows how he plays straight pool, if I had to guess I'd say good enough to beat 99% of the 41 people who play it. Don't know how he plays on the bar table. but if I had to guess I'd guess good enough to make me throw up.

Earl is a phenomenol bar table player and big table 9-Baller. Plays everything good but there are a few Americans like Varner, Daulton, and Sigel who play multiple games at the highest level. Earl is probably 4 or 5 on best All around American players ever.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But Efren is the Man

All around I like mike over Earl, in 9 ball I like Earl, but Mike can play 14.1, 1P, 8ball etc. Earls top gear in 9B Mike cant fade.

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl can play straight pool well and he won the carolina open one pocket last year and thats the only game he needed to play to make a good living in the last 30 years. Wimpy and Worst were great in all games and we will never know except what the old timers say and that was Don Willis.--Leonard

Lets not forget Jay Helfert

Last edited:

h2o4170

h2o4170
Silver Member
uhhhh NEGATIVE.......

that award would go to HAROLD WORST

Absolutley! He was from my hometowm Grand Rapids Mi and he was a champion at everything and had more heart than anyone alive.To bad he died so young

But lets not forget bartram

Last edited:

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd have a hard time betting against Varner. He was near head of the class in all disciplines....

1 pocket, banks, straight, rotation.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
what about mr cornbread red?

no way jose......tho myself and just about everyone else loves the mans legend to death.....

the list can be argued

Harold Worst
Effren
Lassiter
Ed Kelly
Don Willis
Ralph Greenleaf
Willie Mosconi

Harold won the 3cushion world champs at 21 years of age.....he also busted up everyone in the whole world when he started playing pool....man even ran 40 balls into his one hole without a miss at johnston city while shorty was steering him (you think shorty was trying to help him lmfao).....Lassiter himself ducked the man as he had too much to lose and you can't blame him. Worst died of cancer WAY WAY TOO YOUNG.....but he struck fear into the heart of everyman that ever saw him play.

Lassiter....was a god among men only Don willis and Worst were ever a threat to his reign.

Ed Kelly was probably the best all around from the next generation, with its own players stating outright that Kelly was bar none all around the best.

Don Willis......his skills were so infamous its hard to really know how good the man really was....he was also a world class ping pong player

Effren....well he is undoubtably the best all around in the past 20 years

Mosconi.....tho just known for straight pool everyone can concur that he was world class at any game and if he didn't happen to know that game he clearly could have excelled at it.

Ralf Greenleaf.....the real deal original KING of billiards.....greenleaf ran hundreds while he was so drunk he could barely stand up....alcohol ruined his life, if he had been clean and sober i don't think we would be talking about mosconi nearly as much....Greenleaf also owns the 14.1 record for high run on the 10'. There has been only one other player with his natural born talent imop....KEITH McCREADY

IF THE DEVIL CAME DOWN AND WE HAD ONE PLAYER TO PICK TO PLAY HIM DEAD OR ALIVE FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY.....

I would hands down pick HAROLD WORST....... his reaction would be the same as everyone elses was....he would make the devils hands tremble like he had palsy.

-Grey Ghost