U. S. Open Upsets

jnav447

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After looking at the round one brackets, the only upsets that jumped out at me were Naoyuki Oi beating Mika Immonen, Hobson Croft beating Luc Salvas, and Larry Kressel beating Fabio Petroni. Not knowing how the 3 winners play, I'm not sure how much of an upset any of these matches really were. Anyone else got any upsets to report?

LILJOHN30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oi

Don't laugh at the name ,the man can play some good pool.He went far at the world the ball championships

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea, I don't think that was an upset....the report said he was his countries #1 player.

Gerry

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Is "Hobson" Croft the same person as "Butch" Croft from Jacksonville, Florida? If so, he has the ability to beat a lot of the top guns. I'm not surprised to see him beat Luc Salvas or anybody else. He's a great player!

plague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nayuki Oi played the World cup of pool in rotterdam,holland, recently. he played well together with kawabata (semi-finals) especially his demeanor around the table in the tv-setting was impressive: lot of smiles and jokes and really enjoying the pressure. he's a very good player, that i haven't spotted yet to be playing against himself, very positive.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kressel can play too! Our VA State champ for 2007, he beat Basavich in the 2005 open too.

Go Larry! VA is with you...

Hey, what about Shuff? hasn't lost a game yet;)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
If they both win their next matches, Earl will be playing Luat. I will take Luat in this match if anyone wants to make a friendly wager. This offer is good up to 9PM EST today, because I'm flying out later tonite to Norfolk.

Offer is based on both players winning their matches, and then meeting each other. No bet if they don't play obviously. But I think it will happen. Who likes Earl here?

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
If they both win their next matches, Earl will be playing Luat. I will take Luat in this match if anyone wants to make a friendly wager. This offer is good up to 9PM EST today, because I'm flying out later tonite to Norfolk.

Offer is based on both players winning their matches, and then meeting each other. No bet if they don't play obviously. But I think it will happen. Who likes Earl here?
Any odds?:D

Bastian

Sleepy
Silver Member
I do.. he brought the horozontal stripes.. and look how he towers over the competition..

DSC_0054.jpg