playing in new jersey due to job

schon267

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm getting ready to go to new jersey, within an hours drive around newark, does anybody know any places for just some friendly cheap action (10 or 20 a game)? bars or poolrooms. I'll be working 7 days a week, so I don't plan on being up real late, hence the cheap action. anyway, appreciate any help.

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Jersey is a really big place, you might have to be more specific than one hour from Newark. Especially up north near New York, if that's the case.

Last edited:

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Jersey is a really big place, you might have to be more specific than one hour from Newark. I'm a little over an hour from Newark International Airport, and I live ten miles from Philly.

schon267

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh, my geography is not good for the northeast, only been to atlantic city once, and that was long ago. I really don't know the exact spot I'll be at, new job and the guy is picking me up from the airport, plus he didn't really say. just thought I would inquire here, we have a lot of pool players all over. i'll probably be up there for 6-8 weeks at a time, working 7 days a week. I'm sure I will find some place to play casually. like I said, just looking for friendly cheap action, I won't have any other way to have fun, don't drink that heavy.

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
schon267 said:
oh, my geography is not good for the northeast, only been to atlantic city once, and that was long ago. I really don't know the exact spot I'll be at, new job and the guy is picking me up from the airport, plus he didn't really say. just thought I would inquire here, we have a lot of pool players all over. i'll probably be up there for 6-8 weeks at a time, working 7 days a week. I'm sure I will find some place to play casually. like I said, just looking for friendly cheap action, I won't have any other way to have fun, don't drink that heavy.

Good luck, and if your working seven days a week for 6-8 weeks, you may hve to rethink the drinking heavy thing. I would.

Railbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
schon267 said:
I'm getting ready to go to new jersey, within an hours drive around newark, does anybody know any places for just some friendly cheap action (10 or 20 a game)? bars or poolrooms. I'll be working 7 days a week, so I don't plan on being up real late, hence the cheap action. anyway, appreciate any help.

Crown Billiards
735 Hamburg Turnpike (2nd Floor)
Pompton Lakes, NJ 07442
973-835-9226
About a 35-45 minute drive from Newark Airport

Greg9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crown Billiards
735 Hamburg Turnpike (2nd Floor)
Pompton Lakes, NJ 07442
973-835-9226
About a 35-45 minute drive from Newark Airport

Crown Billiards was my home room for years! It is what I miss most about NJ! Great People! If things haven't changed much, you'll find that game you are looking for and have a great time.

Cheers!

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
J&J and Sharky's

Two rooms that I like, both within an hours drive of EWR.

J&J Billiards
1985 Rt. 22 West
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076

Gold Crowns w/ Simonis. Cheap action. Cue raffles, and a players special open (2 pm) till 7pm is $10. Fri - Sat open at Noon. Ask for Jay or Justice.

Sharky's
101 Townsley St.
Edison, NJ 08837.

Another good room. Haven't been there too much, there is a players special. Can't comment about the action, but just judging from some of the names that go there every now and then, I'm sure you wouldn't be too hard pressed to find any action.

kmg

www.RockawayBilliards.com
Silver Member
Rockaway Billiards - Route 46

Come to Rockaway Billiards - we've got a bunch of really fantastic regulars and a few tournaments a week.

Check us out online Rockaway Billiards

schon267

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for all the response, gregg, my comment was that I DON'T DRINK THAT HEAVY LOL I can't drink alnight and go to work anymore!!!! to old!!hahaa
once I get into the flow I'll try these places out , thanks again

gregoryg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Jersey rooms...

If you are going to be in New Jersey, one of the best rooms around is Comet Billiards in Parsippany. Already mentioned was Rockaway Billiards in Rockaway. Another might be Castle Billiards off of Route 17. I don't get to play too much anymore, but if you want to get in touch for some friendly competition, pm for my phone number, we might be able play some.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Give us an exit on the GSP or a city/town.

PJs in Linden maybe. Comets is probably one of the top spots in NJ Heck Amsterdam in NY city if you manage a day off is less than hour from Newark. Just be careful and stay out of Newark.
I was born there and would not go back.;)

LILJOHN30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what type pf action is there.I was there a month ago and it wasn't busy.Not a bad place though.