Quick Clean Chalk Off the same???

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Anybody watching the US Open might be tempted to try Chalk Off and I'm wondering if that is the same as Quick Clean???

cincyman

Banned
I have used both and they, in my opinion are pretty darn close. So close i cant say one is better than the other but the both, again only my opinion dont work as well as they should.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, they're both equally a waste of money. Seriously, there is nothing better than a vacuum cleaner and if that's too much trouble at the moment, use a brush.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
JimS said:
Anybody watching the US Open might be tempted to try Chalk Off and I'm wondering if that is the same as Quick Clean???
The product is virtually the same. However, the sprayer for Quick Clean is better than Chalk Off's sprayer. Chalk Off also has a mint scent...

These products do indeed make it easier to clean chalk that is near the cloth's surface, thus negating the need for constant vacuuming or brushing. This is a great time saver. It takes about 2 minutes to clean the whole table with these products, vs. about 15 minutes with the brush. Over the course of a week (5 days of playing) thats 10 minutes vs 1 hr and 15 minutes... Over a month's time, thats 40 minutes vs. 5 hours. IMO (and at my billing rate) saving 4 hours is worth 10 bucks.

IMO this keeps your table in top shape between "deep" cleanings. Just spray on and wipe down with a microfiber cloth. Using either of these products does provide a good result - as long as you use it properly and religiously. When you get chalk deep down, you will need to use the trusty brush, or a light suction vacuum without a beater brush. If you have too much suction, you can cause undue wear on your cloth fibers; the same is true for a beater brush.

I typically use Chalk Off each day I play and then vacuum once a week, or every other week. This keeps the felt in great shape without a lot of maintenance. The only reason I use Chalk Off is that I could get it by the case.

-td

Last edited:

rogelioii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play on my home table about 20 minutes per day and I use Master Blue Chalk... I only clean my table using quick clean once every 2 weeks or so.... I suspect that the chalk particles will not get buried deep in the cloth that quick clean wont pick it up...

I have not tried chalk off, but quick clean is awesome, much better than vacuuming... I do have a kick-ass vacuum though :)

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I just dampen a washcloth with a mix of water and a little rubbing alcohol and lightly run it over the cloth between vacuuming. IMO save your money.