"Outsville needs your help to fight facebook censorship"

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
from an email I got..fyi

"We need your help!
Outsville.com has been blacklisted by facebook's algorithm by accident which is reducing our traffic by 90%. FB Support thinks Outsville may be confused with outting LGBT members without consent so it has permanently removed all of the content that contained our domain address.

What can you do?
Please goto facebook if you have an account and try and post outsville.com on your page and then click the request review when the above message appears.
Please Also forward this email to all of your pool playing friends to help us with store traffic. The Shop Sale button take you to our sale items for May. "

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazing, but sad! 'Outsville' - great name, though appears the Facebook folk don't play much pool. Probably to busy playing with themselves.

Following your suggestion now... hope others do too...

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Strange
Stupid

Just gonna have to change the company name or be off facebook entirely

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Truly a shame for the good people at Outsville. Hope this is resolved promptly.

I always hate it when racking templates are deemed so politically incorrect.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Strange
Stupid

Just gonna have to change the company name or be off facebook entirely

Outsville a built pretty well known brand with with a number of great products. Don't let the 'politically (in)correct' lefty jags at Facebook control your life. Hate to say, but Facebook is the largest marketing outlet for small one-line companies, not too many other options. Don't give up without a fight.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Outsville a built pretty well known brand with with a number of great products. Don't let the 'politically (in)correct' lefty jags at Facebook control your life. Hate to say, but Facebook is the largest marketing outlet for small one-line companies, not too many other options. Don't give up without a fight.
And they (fb) will gladly defend those who will complain as they are on the same side

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make sure to tell the people at facebook the outsville
team has had their FEELINGS hurt and they are OFFENDED. These words should get them out
of this little jam.

What a joke. Hopefully this can be resolved quickly and
their business is not affected too much.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A NZ band Shihad, were forced to change their name because of Isis and Jihad, lol

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
An algorithm broke, it'll get worked out. Calm down everyone.

They should not have algorithms running that are designed to censor people in the first place. They should let the market decide who succeeds and fails. Of course that wouldn't be fair to the dumb, less ambitious members, so it won't be allowed.

It's a shame millions of small businesses have to censor themselves to stay above water due to the thought police -I mean social media.

Best of luck to Chris and the rest of the Outsville family.

If I did Nerdbook I would try to help.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They should not have algorithms running that are designed to censor people in the first place. They should let the market decide who succeeds and fails.
Nice to hear that you support allowing ISIS and Al Qaeda to use Facebook as a recruitment platform. After all, the marketplace of ideas will punish them.

:rolleyes:

Back in the real world, I'm having no trouble accessing the Outsville Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Outsville/

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They should not have algorithms running that are designed to censor people in the first place. They should let the market decide who succeeds and fails. Of course that wouldn't be fair to the dumb, less ambitious members, so it won't be allowed.

It's a shame millions of small businesses have to censor themselves to stay above water due to the thought police -I mean social media.

Facebook is not the gov't. They are a private business. You can't have censorship or your first amendment rights broken by a private business.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, if ya do change the name of the company, be careful in doing so. Since you carry those great caliber tips, I was thinking.....High Caliber.....might be a great name,,and then it struck me,,might be confused with an NRA ad,,

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought refusal to trade was an illegal act in the public marketplace?
Seems like a good winnable law suit if F***b^^k is refusing to accept you as a paying advertiser.

Predictions are that it will be broken up to a news division and some kind of something
else with a blockchain permission consensus to speak, post. Translation - a CNN where
the diaper change will rub up against the climate change, vaporizing itself into a black hole... ...just guessing.

One choosing where to trade is a big deal,
performing efficiencies' in perfecting product sustainability has its merits way beyond a
dying identity of it's free to use.