View Single Post
Old
  (#47)
sixpack
AzB Silver Member

sixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond reputesixpack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-18-2019, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasta777 View Post
If this Sean or others/team were supposedly sandbagging... why didn't the APA officials just "RAISE" their skill level to what the APA thought it should be... in other words:

If Sean level was say a skill level #6... then all APA had to do is move his skill level to skill level #7 for the next match. --- Problem Solved!!! ... that would go for (ALL players & teams) No one should ever have to be DQ'dů

So just raise their skill level as APA does anyway!!! Instead of all this drama which does hurt the pool sport...

Only way someone should get DQ'd is cause they are PRO pool player...
just my opinion... :-)
I don't think Sean was one of the players whose handicap was raised. I think it was other players on the team. Lower ranked players who worked really hard to improve.

I think the whole thing stinks. Go to Vegas to win the world championship...but you have to play average to do it. If you play too good you'll get booted out, forfeit prize money, be banned from APA for two years and your LO will be fined $25k.

It seems obvious that the only people who would have a chance to win and not get DQ'd would be the professional sandbaggers who know how many innings they need to stretch games out to. And how close they need to keep the points while still winning.

As I've often said, an honest person doesn't stand a chance against a professional liar when it comes to being believable.

This seems like exactly that. The fact that they played as hard as they could and beat teams by as much as they could is a good tell that they were playing their heart out and playing to win IMO.

To the winning team: How does it feel to win and know you were not even close to the best team there?

Splitting time between Chicago and San Francisco.

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain