2019 World 14.1 Tournament

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Thorpe wasn't in this event

Was the entry that much?

I watched Thorpe play Max, and SVB. Maybe I'm watching a different 14.1 event. Been with family for 6 days and then got a new computer. Been off line for about 10 days. Plus add few years :)

Last edited:

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Deuel was behind 72-166 then ran 119 to almost get out. Thorsten ran 10 and then flubbed a pretty easy short cut shot. Corey ran 9 and out.
Thank you sir. Corey is a real talent. Love to watch him play anything!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The stream has been down for about 5 min. now, starting right with SVB running his first rack.

Edit -- it came back at about the 8 minute mark, with SVB on the same run, rack 2.

Last edited:

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched Thorpe play Max, and SVB. Maybe I'm watching a different 14.1 event. Been with family for 6 days and then got a new computer. Been off line for about 10 days. Plus add few years :)

CSI has been putting the US open straight pool championship from earlier this year on youtube in the last few days. That's the one you have been watching.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
CSI has been putting the US open straight pool championship from earlier this year on youtube in the last few days. That's the one you have been watching.

Thx Mick....tells potts I said Hi....if yah see em.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what they were counting, but the misses count was way high in that event. The are using Pascal Dufresne's Fourteen-One Engine software, which was also used in the American 14.1 event recently. It's good. But they had trouble with mistakes in the earlier event because of who was doing the input (not Pascal), plus the software had to be adjusted frequently to agree with the scores kept by the players. I don't know who is doing the input in this event.
I can only assume if you have someone entering the stats, it must be someone knowledgeable, that is very familiar with the game of 14.1, to be able to differentiate between a miss, a safety, or a two-way shot.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can only assume if you have someone entering the stats, it must be someone knowledgeable, that is very familiar with the game of 14.1, to be able to differentiate between a miss, a safety, or a two-way shot.
I'm not quite sure what to say.:wink:

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Deuel was behind 72-166 then ran 119 to almost get out. Thorsten ran 10 and then flubbed a pretty easy short cut shot. Corey ran 9 and out.
Love to see this match someday. Hope it gets posted gratis somewhere.

Arnaldo

tmickle

Registered
Anyone else have trouble with the stream at the end?

My stream kept going out at the end so I missed a lot of the last part of the match. Anyone else have that problem?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My stream kept going out at the end so I missed a lot of the last part of the match. Anyone else have that problem?

It was out for me twice -- about 8 minutes during Shane's first scoring inning and 3 or 4 minutes near the start of his last inning.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark Griffin owns those rights, and he has been holding that event for several years now without much success (in terms of entrants). The reigning champ is SVB.

For anyone interested, I pm'ed CSI Media here on AZBilliards about the US Open 14.1 name. Worst they can say is no.

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay, it must be said. I know that Charlie Williams is not popular in all circles, but we must acknowledge that there would have been no World 14.1 Championship for the past 14 years without Charlie and Cindy. There have been low points, that is sure, but let's hope the event will continue. Thanks, Dragon Promotions.