Kenny Tran the poker man?????

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw the name Kenny Tran as having won a couple of rounds in the nine ball at the DCC. Is that the same guy that I've seen playing pro poker on TV? I saw that he beat Kevin Cronin (lead singer of REO Speedwagon) in the first round. Kidding on that one, I think.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
StrokeofLuck said:
I saw the name Kenny Tran as having won a couple of rounds in the nine ball at the DCC. Is that the same guy that I've seen playing pro poker on TV? I saw that he beat Kevin Cronin (lead singer of REO Speedwagon) in the first round. Kidding on that one, I think.

Yeah, it's the same Kevin Cronin. Every time he goes for his jump cue, he sings "I believe it's time for me to fly." It's funny at first, but really gets annoying toward the end of a long set.

-Andrew
(Yes, I'm also kidding. I have no idea if it's that Kevin Cronin.)

sliprock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's probably The Kenny Tran from central Ky. Some call him the "ice cream man" because he owns a couple of Baskins Robbins stores. He's also from Vietnam. Loves to play.

AZE

DeucesCracked Instructor
Silver Member
Poker players quit pool to play poker, not the other way around. He wouldn't play this bum game :)

kingwang

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kenny Tran has been very successful in poker, capped off by this year's great ME performance so I don't think hes gonna be moving over to pool anytime soon