Newer Schon Joint Size

DolphinNoSharks

I'm looking to buy a Schon Shaft for my cue. Before I order one, I'd like to know if it will mesh well with my current butt. I'm assuming the thread pattern will fit any 5/16-14 butt.

My current butt is 21.80 mm

Current Shaft is 21.50 mm

Thanks

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
I'm looking to buy a Schon Shaft for my cue. Before I order one, I'd like to know if it will mesh well with my current butt. I'm assuming the thread pattern will fit any 5/16-14 butt.

My current butt is 21.80 mm

Current Shaft is 21.50 mm

Thanks

"My current butt is 21.80 mm" - That's .858"
The Schon joint is 21.21mm - That's .835"
You'll have a .012" step at the joint.
Also, the Schon shaft has a .530" pilot.
That may or may not fit the pilot on your handles joint collar.

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not think that a Schon Shaft will fit on a 5/16 x 14 pin. I believe the threads on the Schon are a bit under 5/16 x 14 which keeps the Schon shafts from being interchangble with another makers cue.

I have a couple of cues with a 5/16 x 14 pin and I own two Schon cues. The 5/16 x 14 shafts will thread on the Schon butts but the Schon shafts will not fit on either my Black or Older Mali both of which have 5/16 x 14 pins.

ARROWCRUSHER

N/ CUE STROKER
Silver Member
I do not think that a Schon Shaft will fit on a 5/16 x 14 pin. I believe the threads on the Schon are a bit under 5/16 x 14 which keeps the Schon shafts from being interchangble with another makers cue.

I have a couple of cues with a 5/16 x 14 pin and I own two Schon cues. The 5/16 x 14 shafts will thread on the Schon butts but the Schon shafts will not fit on either my Black or Older Mali both of which have 5/16 x 14 pins.

I have played with Schon's for years before I went to custom cue's and I used predator shafts from time to time switching from the stock Schon shafts and I never had a problem with the threads matching up. As far as I know the standard Schon is a 5/16x14 thread,,<< I never had any issue's <<<ED