View Single Post
Old
  (#44)
slop stroke
I drink, theyfore I ain't
slop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond reputeslop stroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-14-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy M. View Post
Partisans always think that when they’re pointing out some wrongdoing by “the other side”.
I think it is obvious that there has been wrongdoing on both sides and have said so. Maybe I was not clear. I also showed why I see no equivalency in this case, with what I thought was a valid rationale. If you disagree, fine, but I made an attempt to support my position. You have not - in either post. You stated in your first contribution "in every case, one can just make the opposite point." Absolutes are "rarely" accurate and essentially unprovable (hard to prove a negative...) and again I shared why this case is an exception. And now you are implying I am a partisan who always thinks there is a false equivalency when others (you in this case) say there is an "opposite" argument to be made, ie, wrongdoings on the other side. Again not true and certainly unprovable, but you do not show support for your position.

If you have a case to make, I welcome the input; otherwise, you are just making generalizations that are based soley on your perceptions, at least as far as you have shown here.

Anyway if you disagree, so be it. The general point of my OP was to share my contempt for those conservative stalwarts who railed against Obama specifically on the National Debt, but have nothing to say while the debt grows now under better conditions under Trump. I am not complaining as much about your flippant "whataboutism" as much as I am disappointed in your unsupported response to my post in particular..

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"